Scale and Thunder Boat Graphics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I'd post a finished pic before I put it in the gallery on my website. This is Mark Beatty's 10th scale 2012 Beacon Plumbing. One of a couple partial wrap sets that are trim to fit.

BTW I now have both of 2014 Graham Trucking boats available with deck striping. Screenshots will appear on my website soon.

that is one pretty boat!

I have em in an envelope Mike. They are on the way as soon as USPS comes today. Yes Mathieu. I will eave it long so you can trim to fit though.
Hello Mike,

Here is a shot of the front canard.

Dimensions are in millimeters.

Front Canard.JPG

Mathieu

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Mike! I was looking at the Winston Eagle. And is there a difference between the Winston Eagle heads the 91 and the San Diego configuration one? Also does you decal set come with the feathers coming off the front??

Ya know a long time ago I had a couple of conversations with Troy McIntire before he passed away. He had ton of info on the Winstons. he told me that the eagle head changed a few times from 91 to 93. I have been hard pressed to find any major differences. But then again most of the pics that show it at all are always at an angle or it is blocked by the sponson. I do the gold striping with black trim for it. The white is up to you.

Some more finished projects guys have been sending in. Lotta nice work going on out there. Here's Dave Weagel's new boats

Jim Putich's new 2014 Qatar 1/8 Scale. Three boats in the Putich fleet have my graphics​
Bob Young's 1965 Bardahl​

Well guys I've had an interesting new development. At long last my building has a new owner. Other than me and one other tenant it's been empty for years. The old owner never did any improvements and at one time was using part of the building as a Marijuana grow house. I know right? Well as of 10/15 I have a new owner and he has jumped right in with improvements right away. Apparently the building was way out of compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act. So this is what it looks like around the office right now.

Now I'm stoked that things are getting done but the problem is I am not always able to get into my office when I want. So I am basically getting in when I CAN at this point. I am told this should only last maybe a week or so before access is better. So just be aware orders may not get out as I had earlier told you. I am going in after these guys are gone and getting stuff done at night to compensate. So bear with me a little if you would. Sorry. I didn't really get much warning about this.

Well guys I've had an interesting new development. At long last my building has a new owner. Other than me and one other tenant it's been empty for years. The old owner never did any improvements and at one time was using part of the building as a Marijuana grow house. I know right? Well as of 10/15 I have a new owner and he has jumped right in with improvements right away. Apparently the building was way out of compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act. So this is what it looks like around the office right now.

Now I'm stoked that things are getting done but the problem is I am not always able to get into my office when I want. So I am basically getting in when I CAN at this point. I am told this should only last maybe a week or so before access is better. So just be aware orders may not get out as I had earlier told you. I am going in after these guys are gone and getting stuff done at night to compensate. So bear with me a little if you would. Sorry. I didn't really get much warning about this.
Hope he does not try to recoup the cost at your expense. Raise you rent!!!
default_sad.png

New landlord, new construction and a heads up to customers, does it get any better than that?

Mike, I'll be submitting an order in the not too distant future

Ok guys this is getting kinda comical now. I am kinda kicked out of my office right now. On top of the new owner doing renovations now the CIty has gotten in on it. They came in to replace the water meter in all of this. Well in the process of installing a new one they broke a line to the street. Then once they got to the street they noticed the main was leaking too. And of course there is now no water to the building. So they are working their way back to the meter which is where? Right outside the back of my office. I'm going to try and get back in today but it MAY, I repeat may not be til Monday.

Growing pains Mike. Could be worst. A young guy I work with has a newer town house with a fire sprinkler system installed. They were working on a water main across the street and when they turned the water back on, the surge of pressure blew out the sprinkler heads on half the town houses in his row.
default_ohmy.png
Poor guy is living in a hotel with wife a baby..

Apologies if I have been hard to reach the last week or so. Finishing up with my usual fall football duties. Two more days then I'm done and things get back to normal.

Ok guys I am back in after the Thanksgiving weekend. Took a couple extra days off since getting in and out of my office has been interesting at times. This new owner is really going to town on the renovations. All new landscaping last week and I'm told to expect new windows and they are also replacing my front door as well soon. In any case I am transitioning back to spending more of my time on graphics this week. I still have a lot of archiving to do after this fall. So between burning Blu Ray data discs I am getting some stuff out. By next Monday all of that is done and I'll be back to cranking out several orders a day.

Thanks Brad! So I have fully made the transition back into graphics mode and orders are flowing again.

Mike,

Thank you for resending the decal.

What do you do to put the decals on the boat Is it before or after clear ?

I'll be using K2 clear.

Typically before the clear. Especially for printed decals that will need some protection from chemicals and UV and abrasion. I usually prep the surface with a soap and water wipe and let dry well before applying. Make sure your first coat if clear is light and let it setup a bit before you do your next. I've had instances where if it is laid on too thick at first it will wrinkle a decal from the heat of kicking off.

Ok guys after today I am making a change with regards to shipping. When you place an order you will be asked several questions regarding the delivery of your mail and it's safety. USPS has added a line that didn't used to be there....CARRIER - LEAVE IF NO RESPONSE. I was told to black that out and the carrier would not leave it unless the delivery location was secure with a postal locker or something else. However they have ignored that and left shipments anyway and I have had a number of shipments that have been the victim of "Porch Pirates". These are the dirtbags that follow delivery trucks and steal packages that are left. I used to think this was just a CA thing but it's not. Fortunately only two orders were affected but I had a number of other items that were. So if you do not have secure locker or delivery location it will be either marked Signature Required or it will have to be held at your PO. Sorry for the inconvenience but because of Porch Pirates I have been battling USPS all day.

I got it Gilbert. I'll get with you when I get in the office later today.

Well just when I thought I had all but recreated every single set I lost years ago in a robbery I am found to be wrong. I have found and 4 more. The '58 Coral Reef and the 'Bardahl Cabover. The Bardahl is now done and I have a few finishing touches to do to the Coral Reef and it will be done. From that I will do a couple of other Coral Reef boats as well. The other two are Oberto boats. The 75 is now done and I will have both versions of the 77-80 boats done as soon as I size them. How has it taken so long to find these were still missing. Well I haven't had any call for them and my original catalog list was in that computer that was taken so the rebuilding continues. I'm sure I'll find another before long.

I'm pretty much working on graphics full time now through the summer.

Back