Scale and Thunder Boat Graphics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ben Make sure you send me a beauty shot when it's done and I'll add it to my gallery.

Ok I've made a pretty big dent in the backlog but I've got a couple more lingering that I will try to get out in the next few days. But I have another deadline for my regular business to meet on the 13th to I will be focusing on that for the next 10 days. Then I'm all about graphics after that. I have three or four boats to draw and a few 2014 sets to assemble as I have not had time to do that. There will be probably five other 2014 boats to add to the Oberto.

Sounds Great! I have a thunder boat that I will be painting and needing decals for over the winter. need to decide what boat I want to use, but it will be one that uses a mahogany deck since mine has a mahogany veneer.

Alfonso I am not sure if I still carry those. I think I have taken all of the DeWalt boats out of my catalog. There are certain boats I do not offer because of copyright permissions

By the way I am back working on graphics now most of the time. I have a ton of archiving to do in my regular business but I can set that up and walk away while the computer runs by itself. I'm hanging close to home around the holidays this year so I will be in between Christmas and new NYE clearing out the last of my backlog and getting back to some drawing.

Merry Christmas all! I am going to be in the office til about noon today. Just long enough to box some stuff up and get it out. I will be back in Friday for a bit and a Monday-Tuesday next week. I know guys are in paint mode and I will get stuff all caught up very shortly and back to a normal turn around. Have a great holiday!

Been a little tough getting ramped back up after the holidays but a few orders have gone out this week. More are leaving today. Hoping to get some drawing in by late next week. I have about 3 or 4 I need to work on. If you are working on a winter project get your order in by the end of next week. I'll be working in graphics mode full time for a while so delivery times will be much quicker until at least August.

Been a little tough getting ramped back up after the holidays but a few orders have gone out this week. More are leaving today. Hoping to get some drawing in by late next week. I have about 3 or 4 I need to work on. If you are working on a winter project get your order in by the end of next week. I'll be working in graphics mode full time for a while so delivery times will be much quicker until at least August.
Great news Mike!

Orders are free flowing again. Just cleared an unexpected hurdle. We had several kids that were needing recruiting video done from last season. Three of which are D1 prospects. Wasn't expecting all of this since most are done through an online cloud based service anymore. They are all out of the way and football season is now officially over for me until late August. I have 5 orders going out today and I will be in again for a bit tomorrow to do more.

Mike, on the 73 Pak, your website says "All Striping". Does this mean only cockpit sides and firewall or does it include stripes for the engine cowl?

Mark the set I did has striping for the nose and cockpit sides and tail as well as the deck. If you want I can make some for the engine cowl but that would be a little extra. Tom my apologies I will do that today. Sorry I've been focusing on getting orders out and sometimes emails don't get responded to as quickly.

I have gotten a little drawing done of late. I did revamp my 66 My Gypsy set and added head decals. I have several new ones in the works like the 1991 UR5 Edge as well as several 2014 boats and another 2012 boat. However my drawing time has been pretty limited as I have had a rather large influx of wrap jobs. I have 3 race trailers for bracket drag racing teams to do as well as a couple of construction trailers to do here soon.

I am changing a few things for 2015. I am no longer going to be doing a few things like vinyl windshields. So a few things previously offered will be removed soon. I will still be doing scale dash boards and trim items. I got away from the focus of Scales. So unless it's a Gas Scale no more custom gas boat decals.

Up to my eyeballs and getting stuff out daily. Got bogged down with some multiple boat orders but back mostly to singles now and it'll go a little quicker. Added two vintage shovelnoses, the 1959 and 1960 Miss Spokane. Yet more sets I had already done once but never redid from that robbery years ago. After I get a few more singles out I have to do a trailer wrap for a construction company so I will be down a couple days for printing, laminating and installation. I have two new ones from 2014 that will be available soon and 2 more 90's boats as well. I'll update the website as soon as I get a breather....

While I have been criticized for being slow to deliver at times I still get quite a few a week out. The difference is when it leaves here it's as accurate as it can possibly be. I can't tell you how many hours I have put in to some of my sets because I am a stickler for accuracy. I don't just find a font that looks close and run with it. I wouldn't do it on my boat and I certainly wouldn't want you to do it on your boat. Case in point. This is a set I have spent countless hours of detective work in recreating. I talked to the boat owner, he send me to the graphics shop that did the real boat, they only did part of it. I finally tracked down the original design firm that gave me all of their original work pieces like the bubble pattern. Now the funny thing about this is that the real boat was done pretty poorly. The graphics shop that did it did a bad job in upscaling and on the real boat the bubble pattern is pixellated badly. You can't tell when the boat is on the water but you could when it was on the trailer. I know this because I was allowed to climb around on the boat in Tri Cities in 2012 and have lots of pictures. I fixed that problem for this set. All of the logos were given to me with permission as well as the background. I still had to assemble it and pattern it for scales. The partial wrap panels are oversized to trim to fit any hull. This is the 2012 Beacon Plumbing I just finished for a 1/10th scale customer. This is the Seattle decal configuration. Everything on this boat is an exact match.

Some sets are easy and I get out quick. This was not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back