Scale and Thunder Boat Graphics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello Mike,

Looks like we had a communication issue.

I will send you another mail right now.

Mathieu

Edit: email sent to mike.mcknight(at)prolinemedia.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

Just a heads up I will be out a couple days this week. I blew my knee out on Monday night while exercising. I'm gonna be bouncing between doctor appointments so I apologize if I am slow to get back to you. I will by Friday for sure.

Sure Dan email me at [email protected] and I'll get it started for you.

I did some updating of the website today which was long overdue. Some new sets have been added and some others modified. I added head cover decals for the 1971 Miss Madison. I also updated the 1992 Winston Eagle Select with a more accurate U-10 as it is different than the primary boat. I also added the 1984 Island Security Systems, the 1991 Ultra Bold & Dash, The 1997 Appian Jeronimo and the 1984 Miss Rock. I will have the Wiggins decal set updated by Friday and I have 5 more that are being updated or added as well.

I also added a ton of gallery photos that were long overdue as well. Including this shot which came from a customer in San Diego. When I ask you guys to send me the beauty pageant shot I never expect to see this. This is Rick Stoner's 1994 Smokin' Joe's Gas Scale.

Ok guys I am going to be trying to do double time the next few days and Monday too. I have been battling a knee injury for a few weeks now which has hampered me a bit but I have still been getting stuff out. I got the word yesterday that I will be doing surgery on it next Tuesday. So I will be out for a couple days after that.

Ok guys surgery went well but I was out a little longer than I had wanted to be. Swelling was kinda pesky and persistent for a few days. Bandages came off Friday and I am pretty mobile again. I will be back in the office today. With the holiday weekend coming up I will only be in for 3 maybe 4 days this week and definitely next week.

Glad to hear things went well.

Fast question for you. Would it be possible to get masks for the nose and lettering for the 73 Pak rather than colored graphics? Just looking at options in this case

Thanks

It's possible but I don't know why you would want to do that. Unless you are going to do a layer of intercoat clear between colors you are going to run the risk of damaging the layer underneath when you pull the mask. The adhesive of the mask is not as forgiving as say blue or green painting tape.

That bit of information is the reason I asked. That just means one option shot down and, in this case, that sounds like it's a good thing
default_smile.png

Dan you'll see a tracking number next week. I took a 4 day weekend last weekend and I've been focusing on software updates this week.

Big load of orders left yesterday. Another is leaving today. Probably one more on Wednesday. Then I will be gone the rest of the week. Been having to take some time for personal business. On that note....I will be taking some vacation in July. Last day in the office will be June 30th and I will be back on July 18th. Most current orders will be out this week. The rest will be done next week before I leave.

Always love to post pics of finished boats. Jeff Burt just sent me these of his 1980 Atlas 1/10th scale.

Thanks Dan!

BTW I wanted to address an issue that has come up a couple of times lately. And that is decals not coming off the backing paper sometimes. Sometimes this happens on really thin cut vinyl decals and sometimes on layered cut vinyl as well. The reason is I use a light tack transfer tape these days so as not to damage paint while pulling off after application. The way to deal with this is to lay the decal face down and roll the backing off slowly. Pushing back down if decal starts to lift. Usually it will work just fine that way.

Back at work but not quite up to full speed yet. Vacation hit me with an unexpected issue. That being Vertigo. Go figure. Didn't realize that it's not a good idea to ride roller coasters as you get older. The inner ear doesn't like it. Ended up in the ER with the BPPV version of Vertigo. Was basically incapacitated for the week following vacation. Balance was off and had a pretty severe case of the spins. I'm back in the office now and almost back up to normal hours. I did happen to put together the first 2016 boat set. The U1 Homestreet Bank boat will be available tomorrow. Others will follow soon.

For those of you that have been asking about the availability of 2016 boats. Here is what is being added.

Here is the completed.

U-1 Miss Homestreet Bank

U-5 & U-7 Graham

U_21 Darrell Strong presents PayneWest Insurance

U-27 Wiggins

Soon to be available.

U-11 Peters and May

U-16 Ellstrom/Oh Boy Oberto

U-99.9 Carstar/Miss Rock

Back