Scale and Thunder Boat Graphics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got your messages and emails guys and I will get caught up on those today. I've been hard at it trying to catch up on orders. Suddenly everyone decided it was time to get boats done and orders have been coming in at a crazy rate.

Just a heads up. I'm going to take a break from boats later this week for a couple days. I have a couple of large vehicle jobs to do. One is a gold leaf job for a new fire truck. The other is a partial wrap job for two AMR ambulances. One in Breast Cancer Awareness and the other in Autism Awareness. So Thu-Sat is going to be busy with hose. I'll get back on boat orders on Monday.

In boat news, I have a couple of things to announce. I have finally found a source that will sell me the fluorescent orange/red on the 2015 U27 Dalton Industries in smaller rolls. Previously I could only get it as a wrap film in very large rolls. I have a supplier now that will split a roll of wrap film for me. I'll confirm that next week. As I know a couple of you have had interest in that one. I have the rest of the set all done.

New development and I feel it's time to let you know what's up. I think Ray Sametz was the one that called it. The new building owner did indeed raise my rent. Much more than he said he was going to. Basically he sat in my office and lied to me about how much it was going to go up by saying it wouldn't be much. I guess he thinks 30% is not that much. So he has forced my hand. My original plan was to only be there a year or two until I found something else. Well that turned into 3 and 1/2 years and I was in no hurry because the rent was still so cheap. So now I am looking at two options today. One will still be a lease situation the other will be buying a building. The payments will be about the same. I'll know more by Monday but the estimated move by date is 4/1.

Hey Mike,

Any update regarding 2014 U-17?

Understood you have a lot of work ongoing and some office concerns, no real hurry on my side just need to know you don't forget me
default_wink.png

Mathieu

Last edited by a moderator:
Gray I have both of those email me at [email protected]

Mathieu I will go back and double check but I'm pretty sure I have that all together. Send me an email as well.

Good news on the office front. I will be staying here for one more year. The new owner was not happy that I was looking to leave and reduced the increase on my rent. It will still go up just not very much. I also signed just a one year lease with an option to release it pending a 30 day notice rather than the three he wanted. So I'm staying put until a deal I have working to buy a property comes available. Right now there is a bank repo that is on my radar.

Mathieu I got your email and I'll send you a screen shot of the set in a day or so. I have to be out on a job today.

I have also updated my website. Unfortunately a software glitch was keeping me from doing updates and it still had Christmas greetings on it. I also updated the list of 2015 boats available as well as adding a boat to the Gallery. John Olson's Country Boy came out really nice.

Things are a bit nutty around the office these days. Not just because there is a lot of jobs on the board. My accountant has been demanding some of my time because it is that time of year! Ugh! I hate tax time! You'd think growing up with my dad as a CPA I'd be used to it but no.

Anyway, I had a job with a large ambulance company to do just two rigs. Well now that has turned into a lot more! I am still getting orders out but I have had to spend my design time on the ambulances. I do have some other interesting news. I had a phone call with the owner of the U27 Wiggins Hydroplane the other day. I had shot him an email to confirm some colors on some of the vinyl used on last years boat. HE CALLED ME! We chatted for a few mins and I got my answers. Also he asked me if I would be interested in providing some input on their scheme for this year. Stay tuned!

Things are a bit nutty around the office these days. Not just because there is a lot of jobs on the board. My accountant has been demanding some of my time because it is that time of year! Ugh! I hate tax time! You'd think growing up with my dad as a CPA I'd be used to it but no.

Anyway, I had a job with a large ambulance company to do just two rigs. Well now that has turned into a lot more! I am still getting orders out but I have had to spend my design time on the ambulances. I do have some other interesting news. I had a phone call with the owner of the U27 Wiggins Hydroplane the other day. I had shot him an email to confirm some colors on some of the vinyl used on last years boat. HE CALLED ME! We chatted for a few mins and I got my answers. Also he asked me if I would be interested in providing some input on their scheme for this year. Stay tuned!
I hear ya, Tax time sucks. I worked for an ambulance company in the late 70's, nice work if you can get it, most rigs are all flat surfaces. Good luck with the Wiggins deal.
default_cool.png
==={}

Mike,

Didn't seen your email yet.

Understand you have a lot off work but if you really have everything for the U-17 please allow me some time to finish the set
default_sad.png

Mathieu

Received another NICE set of decals from Mike.

Thanks again for all you do to help the sport.

Bill Brandt

Thanks Bill! Looking forward to seeing that boat on the water!

Guys I apologize for being unavailable for the last 10 days or so. I had 3 large vehicle wrap jobs to do. One of which blew up on me after I spent a ton of time designing it. Now I have a fight coming with the client. But that is neither her nor there. I am back working on boat orders for the foreseeable future and I will finally get to draw some stuff that I have not been able to get to yet this year.

One other note. I have had some really weird things going on with USPS of late. Usually I get email notifications of tracking on every package I send out. Lately I have not and they say they can't explain it. I have called them several times about some international orders that have gone out that have spent an inordinate amount of time in customs. They assure me they are on the way to you. I even mailed something that only had to go 5 miles to my building owner's office and it took 7 days! Still shaking my head over that one. In any case your orders should be showing up and I am monitoring all of them by phone for now.

As most of you have seen I am posting a lot of my boats and gear for sale in the For Sale forum. Even though I am leaving racing I am still going to do scale decals for the foreseeable future. In fact I have a deal in the works that will bring some graphics sets that have been missing for some time back to being available. More to come on this very soon.

BTW I am keeping 2 scale boats so at some point I may return to racing but if I do it will be only Scale

Hello Mike,

This is my last try to get some news from you regarding the decal set for the U17.

If you don't have time or finally don't want to do it for me just tell me and I'll stop asking for this decal set.

Best regards,

Mathieu

Latest posts

Back