Say a Prayer for Roger Newton

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I met Roger when I was 12 and now tapping on 50's door. He's the best! Your thought's are with me every day and I look forward to seeing you at the NW Championship race. God bless. Greg Roth

He is coherent, talkative and worried about the boats lol, so his spirits are up.

David:

Wow. That made me think: Does they need help crewing for the Navy boat for Seafair? I would be glad to be of any help possible. If they need help, call or email me about it- if there is ANYTHING that I can do for the Navy crew.

Marc

Prayers are with both you and your Dad David.

Look forward to hearing about a successful operation!

Hang in there,

Dick

Roger,

You & your family are in our thoughs and prayers for a fast & full recovery.

The Seismic Amigos.

Jim Clark just stopped by at lunch and he was on his way to visit Roger... I'm sure he'll have an update for us a little later.

I'm guessing he's feeling all the positive energy flowing his way... developed after a lifetime of making friends like all you guys!

Just got back.

Roger seems to be in good spirits. And always willing to talk big and RC boats

He is I am sure going to be awfully bored as he has to lay low at the hospital until his surgery in about a week.

He was very tired due to not being able to sleep much at the hospital the past few days and was saying that his body ached allover. I only stayed about an hour as he kept trying to nod off and I though it would be better for him to get some sleep.

Jim

Jim Clark just stopped by at lunch and he was on his way to visit Roger... I'm sure he'll have an update for us a little later.
I'm guessing he's feeling all the positive energy flowing his way... developed after a lifetime of making friends like all you guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
I will second what Jim said above. Monte Steere and I visited Roger yesterday as well. We are all pulling for you Czar!

Speedy Recovery Roger. This was on the Insider Hydroblog....

"A get well message on the transom of the U-48 for crew member Roger Newton, who had a heart attack earlier this week and is still hospitalized in Kent. The team, and everyone in the pits, send Newton their best wishes."

Rog_Newton_U_48.jpg

That is so cool! Get well soon Roger

Steve Ball

Speedy Recovery Roger. This was on the Insider Hydroblog....
"A get well message on the transom of the U-48 for crew member Roger Newton, who had a heart attack earlier this week and is still hospitalized in Kent. The team, and everyone in the pits, send Newton their best wishes."

Just wanted to update on my dad for everyone. He had a rough night last night as he had more episodes around 330 or so of the V-fib (not sure if that is the correct way of saying it). His heart rate shot up to 220 until doctors were able to stablize him. They put an emergency pace maker in early this morning and he is stable now, but very tired. He is on more medication to keep his heart rate at a stable level, but his heart is too weak now to get the ICD put in tomorrow, a defib pacemaker combo from what I know. He needs to rest today and hopefully he can get that put in soon, then they can worry about the quad bypass later in the week.

A very nice gesture on the part of Steve David, Oh Boy, O'berto, driver wishing Roger a speedy recovery during a tv interview today. Will be keeping the "Czar" in my thoughts and prayers.

JD

Monday Update:

Today was a good day for Roger. The doctors said his heart is getting stronger and they are thinking about transpoting him to Overlake tomorrow and deciding on whether to bump up his surgery from Friday or not. He will still need a permenant pace maker and defib in his chest, but doctors are now thinking about that after his surgery. From talking to my dad today his voice sounds much stronger, and the best it has sounded since he was admited a week ago from today. Things are looking better before surgery, lets just hope they continue this way throughout the surgery and beyond.

Hi Roger and David,

I'm glad you are getting better, Get well soon........Teddy D.

David,, please send Roger our deepest thoughts and Prayers for a fast and speedy recovery...from the entire RC Boating World..trust me word gets around fast about someone who is so much admired by all of us mear mortals.... I wasnt even in the country....

As you have PLEASE keep us posted....as soon as you can....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my dad was just transported to Overlake Hospital in Bellevue. He had another good night last night with no episodes, they are hoping to do all surgerys tomorrow and get them over with as he is getting stronger and showing improvement. I am not certain when the surgery will be but I will let everyone know when I find out.

My thoughts and prayers will be with me all day. Please be sure to let us know how it goes. Greg

Back