Rod Geraghty Had a Stroke

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RIP Rod . He was great to deal with and his memories will live on in the forum here and the engines and parts he helped people with. He will be missed.

Gentlemen,

I spoke with Rod a few weeks ago and we talked about his time in Nam, and he told me he knew God was real when he was spared while the guys next to him were taken over there. I am very sad he has left us, BUT I shared the gospel with him then by reading Romans 10:9-10 to him. It says: ...because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. He told me he believed it, so now we celebrate his end of suffering and that he has gone home to glory to be with his Lord!

AMEN.

Some of my earliest memories included Rod. He was a good friend of my dads, I still remember being in his shop in his house before he moved away from Washington state.

When I got back into boating a few years ago now he sent me a message and asked me to give him a call. It was a long, very colorful, fascinating, conversation and a great time catching up with a childhood hero.

This is a huge loss for model boating, but an even bigger loss for the many people who could call Rod a friend.

Rest In Peace, Rod.

This sure is a sad day losing one of the best RC modeling boating
minds in this great hobby. Rod and I had many great conversations
on the phone, and I was lucky to meet him in person quite a few times. Like a few of my other friends Vietnam sure has taken its toll
on many good people. Our prayers go out to Carole and his family at this time.

Rod May You Rest In Peace,

Mark Sholund

RIP Rod. Didn’t really know him but wanted to if that makes sense. Have read his wisdom on here and in magazines for what seems like half my life. Condolences and prayers for his family!

We will all miss Rod and the advice he had for us all.

Many years ago, I had 3 Picco 45 EXR engines. I sent one to Rod and the other two went to two people with reputations as being great engine modifiers.

After I had all three back at home, I took each of the three engines apart and compared what had been done to them.

The engine from Rod had little or no grinding and carving. The other two were greatly modified, pistons carved, liners retimed, cranks lightened and intakes opened up.

I ran all three to see how they performed. Rod's engine ran as good if not better and lasted year after year. The other two did not last a season before items began breaking.

While two of the engines came with some instructions, Rod sent my engine back with this advice, "Run the **** out of it." So, I did.

That was many years ago.

Thank you Rod.

Rod, I have been lucky to have owned many of your amazing items and even a couple of your boats over the years. You were a innovator to this hobby and a great guy. You will be truly missed by all of us in the rc boating community. Rest easy Rod.

Back