RTR rules

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obrien

Supporting Member
I am planning on running my Miss Vegas in RTR soon. I am looking into a better motor than the stock one, and was wondering if an engine with a rear exhaust outlet is legal, or does it have to be a side exhaust engine for the rtr mod class?

you had better check with your local clubs because there rules may very.

As others have noted, the rules vary by location. It would be a bit easier to answer your question if you updated your profile to show where you live. That way perhaps someone in your area could help. IMPBA does have a set of trial rules for RTR that the clubs and districts can use. In those rules there is no mention of using an engine that has the same exhaust orientation. They just require that the engine displacement remains the same as the original engine.

I was reading throught the IMPBA rules, but the club I am planning to race with the brandon club in Distric 3 and they are namba. I looked through the namba site and was only able to find where it specified the engine displacement, as you said piper.

thanks for the input guys

District 14, our club requires Aquacraft to run Aquacraft motors and Proboat to run Proboat motors. I don't see why its such a problem to run different motors in the rtr boats so long as it's an .18 motor.....I'd like to know how other RTR District 14 members feel about this.

Obrien i run in district 3 namba u must keep the engine at 18 yes you can mod it change the turn fin and rudder here they run the stock and mods together stock keeps up real well with the mods. Robert

M@M, do you have to have aquacraft motors with the vegas or run proboat motor w/ proboat hull or can it be any 18 motor? Don't seem like there would be that much difference as long as they are all .18's

Obrien i run in district 3 namba u must keep the engine at 18 yes you can mod it change the turn fin and rudder here they run the stock and mods together stock keeps up real well with the mods. Robert

Down here they are running aquacraft only from what some guys tell me the aquacraft handles alot better then the pro boat i am getting the supervee for my wife next year. The main rule on rtr is the biggest engine you can have is a .18 some guys are running the os. engines and some are going to try the GO engines yes you can mod these engines but there are rules to that to. Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the aquacraft handles and out performs the proboat all the way around. Only luck I've ever had with Proboat came while running an aquacraft motor in it. I could actually stay with the Vegas. You say no matter what brand motor you use so long as its an .18, they all run pretty well the same?? I think everybody believes that a stock 18 hasn't a chance against a mod boat. I've thought about trying out one of those go motors just to see what the difference is. Dollar wise, they're not that much more expensive than buying a stock Aquacraft from Tower Hobbies.

Down here they are running aquacraft only from what some guys tell me the aquacraft handles alot better then the pro boat i am getting the supervee for my wife next year. The main rule on rtr is the biggest engine you can have is a .18 some guys are running the os. engines and some are going to try the GO engines yes you can mod these engines but there are rules to that to. Robert

Hey Robert,

I am coming down to the Winternats this year and was wondering about the rules for rtr in your district.

So the OS .18 is legal in a proboat without the pull start? or do you still have to have a pull start?

Doug

Hey Robert,

I am coming down to the Winternats this year and was wondering about the rules for rtr in your district.

So the OS .18 is legal in a proboat without the pull start? or do you still have to have a pull start?

Doug
Doug, swing by my house on your way South and buy my Vegas. Then you wouldn't have to mod your proboat! ;)

Hey Robert,

Doug
Doug, swing by my house on your way South and buy my Vegas. Then you wouldn't have to mod your proboat! ;)
I already got a vegas, well, it's the wifes, but that is why I need your other CVRM. testing between the two for a new vid

my understanding is that you can run any .18 engine, but that is going by what I have read in the district 3 rules. It sounds like the mod class rules are pretty open.

That is also my understanding...you can run any .18 motor in the mod class in dist. 3... for the folks who run the stock motors in thier boats and are worried about getting blown away by boats with different motors or modified motors, havent really seen it yet..its the same old story...its about set up and consistency more than anything else....like i said in another post, The only thing ive done to my STOCK aquacraft engine is remove the head shim and the pull start, hang a Grim turn fin on it and run a 36x55mm prop on it...I havent even modded the bottom on it yet, and from what ive read thats where the boat gets a big increase in performance...so just bring em out and have FUN!!

That is also my understanding...you can run any .18 motor in the mod class in dist. 3... for the folks who run the stock motors in thier boats and are worried about getting blown away by boats with different motors or modified motors, havent really seen it yet..its the same old story...its about set up and consistency more than anything else....like i said in another post, The only thing ive done to my STOCK aquacraft engine is remove the head shim and the pull start, hang a Grim turn fin on it and run a 36x55mm prop on it...I havent even modded the bottom on it yet, and from what ive read thats where the boat gets a big increase in performance...so just bring em out and have FUN!!

Bill any idea how many rtr boat will be at the next 2 day race?

Bill any idea how many rtr boat will be at the next 2 day race?
Honestly, i havent heard, but if you bring your boat there'll be one more!! ha ha! usually as the race gets closer, Rod will probably post something to let folks know what classes need more entries to run the class. If i hear anything i will let you know.... Bill

since they run stock and mod together it doesn't matter.

Bill I am waiting on some new parts for my motor. I should have the stuff by next weekend, so hopefully I will have enough time to get it back together as well as some test time so that I can be competitive with you guys

Back