New to Gas

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Junker

I am trying to find some info on what size gas engine you can run in the NAMBA gas cat class. Here in Florida the district 3 race's list the class as GX Cat. The rule book shows that would be up to 25.99 CC size engine. So can you only run a modded 260 in the class?
Thanks for the help.

Rich
Contact Eric Canto. He is the district director for your area. The most common GX class in NAMBA is GX2. Which pretty much allows anything 15cc to 35.99cc. It does not require the engine to be industrial based so Quickdraw, CMB, and other purpose built engines are legal. Jerry Crowther at seaducer boats would be another good contact.
On the NAMBA web site you can find clubs in your local area.

Rich
Contact Eric Canto. He is the district director for your area. The most common GX class in NAMBA is GX2. Which pretty much allows anything 15cc to 35.99cc. It does not require the engine to be industrial based so Quickdraw, CMB, and other purpose built engines are legal. Jerry Crowther at seaducer boats would be another good contact.
On the NAMBA web site you can find clubs in your local area.
Thanks Mark. I have been racing nitro for over 30 years but all the gas stuff is new to me. I will check with Jerry on the class engine rule.
Thanks again.

Rich that has been my biggest issue. trying to figure out where to go with all the classes. if I get into gas, I want to make sure I build something that I can race as much as possible, impba or namba.

Rich that has been my biggest issue. trying to figure out where to go with all the classes. if I get into gas, I want to make sure I build something that I can race as much as possible, impba or namba.
From what i have found you have to run a stock 260 in the stock class. And up to a 30.5cc in the mod class.
The mod class is bigger but more expensive. I like the Cat class but i think all the gas classes are strong.

im prob going to run stock because it seems to me that stock is the same between impba and namba. to me it seems there are too many variations once you get into the mod classes, but that could just be me not understanding it all yet

From what i have found you have to run a stock 260 in the stock class. And up to a 30.5cc in the mod class.
The mod class is bigger but more expensive. I like the Cat class but i think all the gas classes are strong.
my advice, run g1 mono, mod 26 in a assault, great class, plenty fast and there is always a race . if you run in impba they let you run a 1mm stroker crank that brings up the motor to 27, no worries, i run my 26 in impba and its runs as well as there motors

my advice, run g1 mono, mod 26 in a assault, great class, plenty fast and there is always a race . if you run in impba they let you run a 1mm stroker crank that brings up the motor to 27, no worries, i run my 26 in impba and its runs as well as there motors
Mono is definitely the biggest class but i am more of a Rigger or Cat guy.
Thanks for the info.

for 26 riggers the boats we run in our club is the roadrunner or the slingshot, really fast boats.
for cats i run a t44 with a big block, some insanes, a few aeromarines. great class

Do you have a copy of the NAMBA D3 Rule book?
Yeah i do
for 26 riggers the boats we run in our club is the roadrunner or the slingshot, really fast boats.
for cats i run a t44 with a big block, some insanes, a few aeromarines. great class
What do you think about the stock cat class? I haven't really noticed how fast they are. I will check them out this weekend in Brandon.

im prob going to run stock because it seems to me that stock is the same between impba and namba. to me it seems there are too many variations once you get into the mod classes, but that could just be me not understanding it all yet
Yeah it's almost a $300 difference between buying a stock engine compared to buying a mod engine at Gizmo.

I just got into gas cat this year (I've ran nitro for 35 yrs) Ricmolded. (270-922-1196) or ([email protected]) has a great hull R42, he sold me all the hardware that he stocks (speed master), told me what prop to use & where to get it. I went with the Hanson 29.5 because a club members recommended him, being new to gas I took his advice. Bob is a great guy he's very busy but will call you back. I ask him if I needed any spare parts, he said run good oil % & have fun.
This setup has been a blast !!! Great boat very fast. Bob often has special on his motors, I got mine for $475 full modded.

Bob Hanson
570-689-4561
Www.bhhanson.com
[email protected]

I am trying to find some info on what size gas engine you can run in the NAMBA gas cat class. Here in Florida the district 3 race's list the class as GX Cat. The rule book shows that would be up to 25.99 CC size engine. So can you only run a modded 260 in the class?
Thanks for the help.
I am happy to help. My cell is 352-339-4567

Yeah i do

What do you think about the stock cat class? I haven't really noticed how fast they are. I will check them out this weekend in Brandon.
i stay away from the stock class personally. too much drama over rules and its getting worse. i run mod zenoahs 26s and my motors are from roger payne. he has a great maintenance program that over the winter i send him a couple of motors and he goes over them . i dont want any issues during the race season. the stock motors i have seen run almost as fast as the mods, have not seen a stock cat, in my dist we have stock mono only

I just got into gas cat this year (I've ran nitro for 35 yrs) Ricmolded. (270-922-1196) or ([email protected]) has a great hull R42, he sold me all the hardware that he stocks (speed master), told me what prop to use & where to get it. I went with the Hanson 29.5 because a club members recommended him, being new to gas I took his advice. Bob is a great guy he's very busy but will call you back. I ask him if I needed any spare parts, he said run good oil % & have fun.
This setup has been a blast !!! Great boat very fast. Bob often has special on his motors, I got mine for $475 full modded.

Bob Hanson
570-689-4561
Www.bhhanson.com
[email protected]
I've been using bhhansonproduct for over 2 years now. Great guy and never sells me anything I don't need. We have alot of district and national trophies because of him.

Bob Hanson
570-689-4561
Www.bhhanson.com
[email protected]
Thanks for the info. I have had a few people recommend Bob Hanson.

no matter whos motor your running, do a teardown maybe once a year and replace the high wear items or send it out to your engine builder, a 7 dollar bearing will let go and destroy the motor. been there, done that

Back