Roger Newton...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David,

We were at the pond testing when we heard the sad news. To say we were stunned is putting it mildly. It's hard for me to imagine a race without the Czar. In the short 3 years Iv'e known him he's been a friend, mentor amd somewhat of an antagonist on the course. ( I loved it and so did he )

The RCU guys here at Granger have decided to race tomorrow only because Roger would have harrassed us for quitting if we didn't hold the event. The race has also been changed to the Roger Newton Memorial. It'll be hard to race with dry eyes.

David, we're here whenever you need us and our hearts go out to you and your family, Randy

Only the Lord knows when he is going to take us. Roger must now be in a much better place than us.

I look forward to the day when I see Roger again and we race our boats in that wonderful place called Heaven.

God Bless you David. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you. Perry

Our Club found out about this today while we were at a race... Incredibly sad news. I really feel for you David... My DEEPEST condolences to you and your family. If there is anything I can do, I'm just a few houses down so don't hessitate to come get me to help...

I suppose it was fitting today that just after we found out, the 1/10th scale class was just about to go and the skies opened up and it poured....

**** this is such sad news...

CZar... Take Care my Friend...

I had the honor of working with Roger on the Slo-Mo-Shun V and learned a lot from him over the years. If it weren't for people like Roger and Troy McIntire, I would have never gotten into hydroplanes to the extent I have. Better people are hard to find and scale hydroplane racing has suffered another major loss. My condolences to the Newton Family. If there is anything I can do, give me a shout.

David, could you let us know when and where the Memorial Service will be as I'm sure many would want to attend. I'm also glad you will keep the business going. I can't think of a better way to honor the Czar and his work

Just read your post, shocked, sadened, racing against Roger in the Kai with the Burien was some of my most fun races I will never foget. Time will heal the hurt but Model boating has lost one of its best, sad sad day, god bless. darn. Gene

Just read your post, shocked, sadened, racing against Roger in the Kai with the Burien was some of my most fun races I will never foget. Time will heal the hurt but Model boating has lost one of its best, sad sad day, god bless. darn. Gene
My family was also sadden to hear of your Dad passing away..He will always be in our hearts and mind...

Last edited by a moderator:
it's sunday morning, seems fitting somehow......... god's day, & your dad is with him, now. i'm strictly a tunnel guy, never had the privledge of meeting rodger, but i know the hobby has lost a great supporter & contributer. one small condolence is that he can watch & bless every race, anywhere, now. my sincerest condolences to you & all his family, you are in my thoughts & prayers......... carrying on his business is (i'm sure) what he would want, & a great way to honor his outstanding legacy. godspeed, rodger, you are missed, robin stebbins & family.

My deepest condolences to you&your family. Never met your dad,but talk to him a few times threw emails. Very nice guy to talk too. Roger may you R.I.P .Heaven just got a great hydroplane builder and racer now.

My deepest condolences to you&your family. Never met your dad,but talk to him a few times threw emails. Very nice guy to talk too. Roger may you R.I.P .Heaven just got a great hydroplane builder and racer now.
Very, Very sorry Dave, Your father was a one of a kind person. The boat racing family is hurting with you as well. Long live the name CZAR in boat racing Doug Shepherd Madison, In.

May God bless you David & your family.

It was truly a honor to know your dad for so many years.

Thanks Roger for your friendship

Dave Bestpitch

NAMBA 98

David i'm very sorry for you and your families loss.

Roger was trully a great individual, he did wonders for the sport an hobby.

We will truly miss him, take care and God Bless!

Dear David - Mary and I want you to know we loved your dad. Our deepest condolences to you & your family. Florida Namba District 3 racers all would agree that they loved when Roger hung with us at our race events. Such a wonderful man is now looking down on the entire boating community. We will all remember him always and miss him with a smile for all the good times.

Sincerely

Ron Ratoff

Namba District 3 Director

My deepest condolences from over the pond ,so sory to hear of your loss David god bless you and your familly at this sad time R.I.P Roger.

Mart

David and Debbie,

Also from the Netherlands our deepest symphathy for the loss of your father. We hope you have the strength to continue in these miserable days. May your father rest in peace.

Rene

Last edited by a moderator:
David,

So sorry to hear of your loss. We were are the pond getting ready to start racing when we heard the news. I have had the pleasure of know your father here in Detroit when he was working with the unlimiteds. Model boat racing has lost a founding father. Long live the name "Czar".

May god bless you and your family. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Bert Dygert and IMPBA District 2 Scale Racers

My deepest condolences to you & your family. I never personally met your dad but we shared many emails regarding his knowledge on scale boats. He will dearly be missed by all r/c boaters.

May he rest in peace.

Brett Buckmaster

David,

From time to time life changes and there is nothing you can do. For you my friend this is one of those times.

Rest assured your father was a HUGE inspiration to many many people.

RIP Roger and thank you!

Stay tough David

Michael “Grimracer” Zaborowski

Ya know David after you posted the news about his surgery and that he was doing good I never gave it a second thought that he wouldn't be coming home. I was kind of unplugged over the weekend and didn't find out till I got going this morning and someone called me to tell me the news. To say I'm stunned is an understatement.

From my family to yours our sincerest sympathies. David I have something I want to do for Roger but I need to talk to you about it first. If I don't get a hold of you first call me at 209-333-2306.

Back