Roger Newton...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David.. From the Allen Family to yours....our hearts and prayers go out to the Newtons...

Roger,,you will always be in my thoughts...

Your Friend,,

David, even though I never had the opportunity to meet you or your dad, I have know about you guys for years. I am very sad to hear this news and I can only say that Roger is in a better place now and God will continue to look over you and your family in these tough times.

God Bless,

Glenn

Very sad news David, my condolences. Roger will be missed as a great guy and the czar. I met and raced with Roger a few times. I will treasure my newtonmarine plans I have.

Our Prayers and thoughts with David and The Newton Family.

The boating community just lost another great one.

Bryan "Big B" Robinson

RCBoatParts.com

Dave and Debbie, I am so sorry to hear of your (our) loss. The world is not the same place without Roger.

Garry

Rest in peace Mr. Newton.

His work has given alot of life to this hobby and will continue to do so for many years.

David, Our prayers and condolences, great loss to the model boat world.

I thank God for Roger, his work with the scale hydros gave me such a great hobby.

PHIL THOMAS

David so sorry for the your loss. I was with Jerry Dunlap at a Dist. 8 race when we heard and Jerry and I looked at each other and didn't say much, We knew what this meant to the model boating world. One of the greatest losses ever. I met your father as a young teenager in the early 70's. He had a scale boat of Slo-Mo-Shun IV and Monte Steere Had Slo-Mo-Shun V. My father told me of the legend of the boats on lake Washington and Detroit. What brings me a happy thought is thinking that he is now sitting in the mechanics seat of Slo-Mo IV making a flying start under the Lake Washinton bridge grinning ear to ear. God Bless Roger Newton. Greg

I regret to inform everyone that my father passed away this morning at 10:44. He developed may complications after his surgery due to the severity of the heart attack. He passed quietly and quickly without any pain or discomfort. In lieu of any flowers please send donations to the Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum or Medic 1. I will get more detail on that later. Everyone can take comfort in knowing that he is up there now racing with my mother, Troy and all of the other fellow hydroplane brethren that has been taken from us. Thank you for everyone’s support throughout the entire process for my dad. I know it meant the world to him to know before he passed that so many people loved and cared for him. It is my hopes to continue the plan business as I know how important it was for him to continue the growth and development of model hydroplane racing. For now Newton Marine is on hold, after the dust settles I will make announcements to fill the backlog of orders and info everyone of the future of its direction. God bless you dad you are now at peace.

very sorry to hear this....very sad news...thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family and anyone close to roger....im sure he would be very proud of you,(his son),, for taking over what he left behind..... hats off to you for continueing your fathers legacy.....

hang in there,,,

alden

David, I pray for you and your family and send my condolences. I was sadden to hear about Roger passing away. I first met Roger at

the Gold Cup Race in Detroit a few year ago. Roger went through the pits to find me. It was an honor and pleasure to meet and talk to him.

It really made my day to know that Roger took the time to find me and meet. My heart hurts knowing that we have lost such a great person.

My heart and prayers go out to the Newtons.

R.I.P. Roger, your friend Teddy

Last edited by a moderator:
I just learned of Rogers passing as I have been out of touch with the hobby for a bit . I , like many, had the pleasure of meeting and spending some time chatting with Roger and would like to extend my sincerest condolences to his Family and Friends . His many contributions to our hobby are too numerous to mention I'm sure . Rest in peace Mr Newton . Tom .

The turnout of folks for today's "Celebration" was unbelievable. The Hydroplane and Race Boat Museum was absolutely packed with many standing along the edges. A wonderful tribute to Roger recognizing his considerable contributions to hydroplanes - both scale and full size. I had the pleasure of knowing "The Czar" for 41 years and along with everyone else who knew and loved him he will truly be missed.

JD

The turnout of folks for today's "Celebration" was unbelievable. The Hydroplane and Race Boat Museum was absolutely packed with many standing along the edges. A wonderful tribute to Roger recognizing his considerable contributions to hydroplanes - both scale and full size. I had the pleasure of knowing "The Czar" for 41 years and along with everyone else who knew and loved him he will truly be missed.
JD
Hope you took a few pics for us that could not attend? You are truely blessed to have been friends with him that long.....Mike

It was an Event today, a beautiful and fitting tribute for a man that has touched so many lives in many different ways, no matter if you were a boat racer or not. I was not really surprised that it was standing room only, and when we all were brought outside for a special tribute, David got to sit in the driver seat of the Miss Burien and trailer fire that big v12, it was awesome. Today I was in the presence of many generations and people that all shared one thing in common, their love and respect for Roger J Newton AKA The Czar

It was an Event today, a beautiful and fitting tribute for a man that has touched so many lives in many different ways, no matter if you were a boat racer or not. I was not really surprised that it was standing room only, and when we all were brought outside for a special tribute, David got to sit in the driver seat of the Miss Burien and trailer fire that big v12, it was awesome. Today I was in the presence of many generations and people that all shared one thing in common, their love and respect for Roger J Newton AKA The Czar

http://www.kndu.com/Global/category.asp?C=...nav=menu484_4_6

Brian has posted some pics of todays event. They are on the right side.

:( david my condolences.......... sorry to here this is

a sad day for all boaters...

sincerely Al Archer

As I prepped my boat for the race in Granger this weekend, I went through my prop box and shined up a few of the usual suspects real good. As I did so, I remembered Rogers bit in the Building a Scale R/C Hydro video, about the props. “Just like the big boys, you have to have good props to get to the winners circle”...

Roger liked running at Granger even though his Spirit if Detroit didn’t seem to have very good luck there. Roger liked racing everywhere. I miss Rog everyday. I probably always will. But he is also a comfort during those long quiet moments in the shop when I am working on the boat. Wait a minute- my shop isn’t quiet! Just like the Czar, I have taken to having the local oldies station on the radio at all times.

’A wella wella, wella...’

Hey- at least my props are ready!

Marc

LATE_RUN_WEB.jpg

Back