RHTmarine sport 21 Gen 2A

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made it out sunday...I had some new boat blues early in the morning. basic stuff...I did learn something about my new boat. First of all, without the foam filled non-trip, the tail section pretty much sank. Good news is that none of the boats I'm currently building have been skinned on the deck. I will add foam to the rear two compartments under the deck. On my boat, I had to strip the decking in those locations. I had a slight alignment issue with my stuffing tube, that will be re-done. I had an issue with the fuel system which isn't big. I tried running a 1614/3 and wasn't able to pull it. I borrowed a 442 and the boat really came to life. It was fast and never wanted to fly off. I made a few strut adjustments and saw marked improvement. After talking with several guys, I will be better next time out. And to be honest, I haven't run a boat since 2009...just getting my feet under me again will take time. I had a good nitro partner in Len Cuenco. We have rekindled a freindship, which is the main reason I'm doing this again. I have many friends through this community of model boating, some I've not met in person, But covet. Thanks everyone for your interest, and STAY TUNED!!

oh, and I think Glenn got pics of it running. Once he downloads, I will share those...

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good Bob. My PT does the same thing but never completely sinks!! Did you check your voltage and mah after your runs on the Life batteries!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Guys, I had a laundry list of stuff to do or re-do on my 21...One of which was peeling the rear deck skin and add floatation ...I hid the repair best as I could. I added my logo as well...

sport21 002.JPG

no...I have no video. I have made many changes and upgrades this week tho...I'm thinkin I'm gonna fun with this boat!! Stay tuned!!

Is the NR 21 DD run good well than CMB21 or MAC 21 ??

Guys, I had a good day testing today...the boat handles real well and boy it gets around those turns! very happy with the design...best version I have built without a doubt! very happy with the NR 21DD and Scott Bouchie pipe too... I have had some issues to iron out, but the test time has paid off. I will be able to finish off the boats knowing it works well. Be patient guys it will be worth the wait.

thanks for all your interest, Bob

Well guys, my first race with my new sport21 is in the books...it ran fast and stable. I was gifted the first heat, but continued to test during the remainder of the day. I switched to a x642 from a 215 and gained speed. The pipe length was short and I didn't finish any heats after that. I am very happy with the hull and just need to get my nitro feet back under me. I should finish up the boats I'm currently building in the next couple weeks. Thanks and Stay Tuned!!!

Bob,

What happened to the X-442 L/C?

Why would you run a 215?

The X-642 L/C maybe a little too much for that motor set up.

Curious,

Mark Sholund

Dave,

With the Bouchie pipe on the 21-DD that is not enough load on the motor.

I think the X-442 L/C will be a much better solution for Bob's set up.

Some just don't match the load to the motor so it will perform properly.

Quite a learning curve for some of us.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

I haven't gotten on the water since last race...I won't make this weekends race, so it sits.

I wanted to address the guys waiting for boats...I am making progress on them, however, slower than I figured. I have been busy at work and life in general. I plan on working on them this weekend and hopeful to get them very close to completion. Thanks guys for your interest and patience.

Bob

Guys, I have an update...we raced this past weekend and the hull I donated to the district was run by my good friend Tony Ojeda...he wanted to run in the p ltd sport class, but I talked him into running nitro. He mounted a cmb with a wrap header. He used a floor mount and got everything in under the cowl. This is good news because I didn't think that configuration would work. The boat ran very well... I'm close to being done with the current build...stay tuned!

Latest posts

Back