Redmax Fuel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troy Thomas

Would like some thoughts on this fuel as i am getting ready to switch to it. I thought 20% oil was a bit to much. What oil ratio do you guys run? Any Castor? I am currently running OS XM, Nova .12, Nova .21, CMB RS .21 Outboard, CMB LS .21 Outboard, and Dynamite .32.

I was thinking 14% oil and 2% castor for a total of 16% oil but would like to hear from people running it before i order..... Thanks

Mix my own now but used to run Red Max using there rm900 oil with no concerns. Bearings liked it no engine failures

So does 14% 900rm and 2% Castor for a total of 16% sound good for the little motors i'm running? Or 12% oil and 4% Castor? I'm a little hard on my needle settings sometimes so i like the castor in the mix. Just give me the all clear and i will order it right now......Thanks Fella's!

personally i would run 12 and 1 no need for all the castor.. i used to run 2 percent.. then 7yrs ago went to 1.. now i run none..

either way 1 or 2 percent will do you no harm no fowl.

chris

Would like some thoughts on this fuel as i am getting ready to switch to it. I thought 20% oil was a bit to much. What oil ratio do you guys run? Any Castor? I am currently running OS XM, Nova .12, Nova .21, CMB RS .21 Outboard, CMB LS .21 Outboard, and Dynamite .32.

I was thinking 14% oil and 2% castor for a total of 16% oil but would like to hear from people running it before i order..... Thanks
This thread might help if you haven't already read it...

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=40123

I am no expert, and am sure you will get 10 different inputs from 10 different people, but I run 45% nitro, 14 synth, 3 castor, for a total of 17% oil. This is run in my .45 HR, .21 LS, and all the .18s we run in RTR boats.

I was running 12% (that was NOT from red max) in our .18 engines, and went up after having a few failures. Not sure if it was cheap engines, or not enough oil...

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back