SGX 21 Deal

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timbo Whalen

Supporting Member
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays To All!....

I just wanted to tell about my recent acquisition of an SGX 21 ARTR Hydro that I purchased

from Brian Bounds.

The boat was originally Russell Stark's boat and we received reports that it was a strong

runner and winner.

The engine was built by Mark Grim, and a black cased, green head LS engine. Andy Brown's

genius and experience in outrigger hydro design really shows through in the SGX. I don't

know of any, or seen any, that race here in Michigan.

The package arrived from Brian in an indestructible package, and the rig within was in

pristine condition- looked as though it had never been run, let alone raced...not a scratch in

it, and only a spot, or two, where the radio hatch tape had peeled about 3/16" of clear coat

off. Easy fix with an old credit card and some West Systems 207, and a heat gun at a

distance.

I would not hesitate to deal with Brian again- a real straight shooter, and all around good

guy- Thanks a bunch, Brian!

At any rate, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it... I just feel that in these difficult times we

live in, with all of the division

and what not, it does more good than harm in giving accreditation where it's justly

deserved.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Tim

4.PNG
IMG_20211123_172336811.jpg
IMG_20211130_184010241.jpg
cmb-21-ls-nitro-racing-engine_1_487b64104d21c5e568c9e92b4af4aee4.jpg

I'm just kidding,, it's always a great feeling when your purchase is as good as, or better than advertised!!

It sounds like you are pleased with your new rigger and that is a testament to the sellers honesty...

I have dealt with quite a few people here and I would say that 90% of the ones I have made purchases with, were very honest about the way they represented the item for sale.

There are one or two questionable items that I have purchased, and those people will never see another dollar of mine. Were they bad enough for me to come online and trash them, no.. but I do warn others by PM when I can...
I hate to see others get cheated as well...

Of note, the boat does seem to have a narrow track width at sponsons, however, we'll run it before stretching the booms.

Also, has a long after plane, and along with narrow sponson set, has a rather small pivot angle between turn fin and rudder...Seems like it should be a real cozy driver.

Latest posts

Back