Rechroming an ABC Sleeve

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Another boater has offered his Moki 90 to me for sale. Would love to have the engine but it needs a piston/sleeve because the extra and the one in the engine are gauled. Doubt seriously if a person could find a new replacement for this engine in the usa soooo:

Does anyone know of a person who does work like George Aldrich used to on rechroming an ABC Sleeve, rehoning it and then fitting a piston to it. It appears to be the only answer to this issue. Hope someone can help, would be much appreciated.

Oh, this motor is VERY unusual in its construction. You guys that love this kind of thing would have to see this to believe it. The motor has 4 thats right 4 bearings supporting a dual crankshaft rear drum intake motor. Too cool!!!!!! Anyway I have got to have this motor but only if I can resolve the piston/sleeve issue. I hear that Moki has a complete line of engines below the 1.3 which is the smallest available in the US. over in Europe. Can't seem to find a connection to email them though.

thanks

Curt

this covered on rcboat.com site a few months ago person to contact is Ray Smatize Hope I spell it right! sorry i don't have a address. Jimmy

I remember seeing one in RCBM a few years back mounted on a Swamp boat so it must be available somewhere here in the States. Is it a Marine or Airplane version? I'll have to see if I can find the article, it might be in the "Library". ;D

Try a Search for it in Google.

Ron,

The engine is a marine rear drum motor. Not seen anything like it before. Was a marine engine used on the air boat???

Curt

Back