Looking for flywheel,header,pipe Os .21XZ-M

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidkrienke

I just had bought a o.s 21 xz-m and was wanting to use it for a outboard but not having much luck finding a crank . I might put it in a miss vegas as a inboard and needed a flywheel and brass collet ,header and pipe for it. Does anyone have anything ?
also my brother needs a rod and piston and sleeve for a .21 xm outboard as well he really wants a abc cylinder if he can find one . any help would be appreciated. thanks Dave

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 21
I was reading you saying the carb wasn't the best. I am hoping someone has some used parts to get it going. I think I put this in the wrong section of the forum. How could I move it ?or is it ok this time ?

Last edited:
The 10D carb is huge and better suited for a 45 motor IMO. OS makes a nice flywheel from the VZ-M motor. Found one on eBay. OS VZ-M marine flywheel
I saw that flywheel on ebay . I was unsure if it would fit. I did find a old car pipe and header just dont have springs for it. I wonder if it would work. I could also take the 20j carburetor off of my xm21 outboard to try on the motor if the carb is too big.

Attachments

• 20210511_182804.jpg
    20210511_182804.jpg
    659.5 KB · Views: 9
the VZM flywheel is a tricky choice.. it does not allow the use of two wrenchs to undo the cable collet. I would stick with CMB or Nova or any other.. having said this the OS flywheel will work but you will have to use a wire spanner in the flywheel holes.

I do have them and I do have have used them, i just dont prefer them

Grim

the VZM flywheel is a tricky choice.. it does not allow the use of two wrenchs to undo the cable collet. I would stick with CMB or Nova or any other.. having said this the OS flywheel will work but you will have to use a wire spanner in the flywheel holes.

I do have them and I do have have used them, i just dont prefer them

Grim
I will have to keep looking for a flywheel maybe someone has one . Do you know what pipe length I will want to shoot for if I get a real os header and a regular boat pipe on this engine?

One small reason I prefer the OS flywheel over the Nova are the spanner holes. Nova put three holes in their flywheels so you can only use a pin wrench. The OS flywheel has two holes directly opposite each other. I have run the OS flywheel on both OS and Nova motors. I don't like the Nova thread adapter which puts the collet further away from the small end bearing. I found you can turn down an Octura coupler to extend the threaded nose into the OS flywheel.

Attachments

• IMG_3936.JPG
    IMG_3936.JPG
    541.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4683.jpg
    IMG_4683.jpg
    796.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4685.jpg
    IMG_4685.jpg
    607.1 KB · Views: 50
Ok...... I'll bite...what is the deal with the glow plug on the blue motor ?
I've never seen that before.
Frank,

Its a water jacket for the plug. Start the engine. Snap the water jacket on. Floods the plug body.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC

Last edited:
I have a own machined flywheel which can fit your xz-m engine. $15 plus shipping.
Thanks, Patrick

Attachments

• 20210517_152634.jpg
    20210517_152634.jpg
    740.1 KB · Views: 11
Back