RC Boat Modeler Magazine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale P

Did any one get their copy today??? I got a copy of RC Car action today and found a small notification on page 22 saying that the Boat Mag is no longer being produced and my subscription is going to be replaced with a car mag.

It says that boat material has been added, but I found a total of five pages in way in the back, two of them being ads and the other three were an article that was already printed in the past!

Another loss for us boaters.

Dale P.

Yup, old news. I also picked up the April issue of RCCA and found a waste of $5.99. One article was a rehash of one of Rick Eyrich's propwork from an older issue from RCBM. The only other thing worth looking at was the Aquacraft BL hydro artivle.

I got out of R/C cars and trucks many years ago and don't care if I saw another one. The what used to be a "free" Annual Buyers Guide is now going to cost you big bucks as it's now included with the RCCA separate magazine.

The only thing that we can hope for is more coverage in the future and that with it now being back in where it started, RCCA, that it will convert some over to boats.

"What's the point?"

I don't have a computer in the bathroom and now have nothing to read while doing my paper work.

That's the point.

Not to mention the fact that magazines dedicated to our hobby help attract new members and keep it growing.

Dale P.

"What's the point?"I don't have a computer in the bathroom and now have nothing to read while doing my paper work.

That's the point.

Not to mention the fact that magazines dedicated to our hobby help attract new members and keep it growing.

Dale P.
Nothing says waste quite like anything from Rick Eyrich, biggest non boater waste there has ever been.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I want to know is why they closed the magazine when they obviously were still selling plenty of ad space? Full or half page ad was a lot $$.

Rick isn't so bad as you have to look at one thing, the editorial staff. They're imfamous for hacking up an article and making the writer look like an idiot. Jerry and Rick worked their butts off on a big article for them and what should have been 3 pages plus the pictures that they submitted and it got whacked down to 1/3 page and stock photos. Rick got some really lame assignments and I'm guessing so did Jerry as we've seen a lot of stuff done to death in there.

Yes, I'll miss Jerry's, John Finch's and yes, even Rick's articles.

Dale, you don't have one of these?

215646.jpg

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!Now thats funny Ron!!!! If you run out of TP you can use the printer paper!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You might get a paper cut on the you know what!! can you say road rash!

Rick isn't so bad as you have to look at one thing, the editorial staff. They're imfamous for hacking up an article and making the writer look like an idiot. Jerry and Rick worked their butts off on a big article for them and what should have been 3 pages plus the pictures that they submitted and it got whacked down to 1/3 page and stock photos. Rick got some really lame assignments and I'm guessing so did Jerry as we've seen a lot of stuff done to death in there.Yes, I'll miss Jerry's, John Finch's and yes, even Rick's articles.

Dale, you don't have one of these?

215646.jpg
You're right , Rick wasn't a bad person. Being a 20+ year resident of Winter Haven, we use to run boats here on a local lake, and he would come by and watch us. A project I started in 1997 was worked on and developed and turned into a great option for what was a hard-to-get outboard market. In 1999 I ran this in competition for the first time at the Thanksgiving Regatta at Wavesplitters Ft. Myers. Then at the 2000 Winternats Orlando I showed up and started turning heads. I asked Rick, since he was a home town local to take some shots of the motor and send them to RCBM to stir up some creative interest. It was not considered worthy, at least in his eyes. Sorry, its a bad pic.

I met Rick last year at the Toledo show, he's the one second from the left. I'm the first one with Taylor Shaw and Randall Thomas.

Lj23631.jpg

I met Rick last year at the Toledo show, he's the one second from the left. I'm the first one with Taylor Shaw and Randall Thomas.
Lj23631.jpg
Here's a suggestion. Why not let someone from each district come up with a short item each month and send it all to one location for a monthly or bi-monthly printing tabloid style. I am sure someone with the time could get the ball rolling and the advertisers that were paying for the magazine might come on board for a new tabloid that was strictly boat related. It might even make it easier for the smaller builders, manufacturers and shops to advertise. I know if the pricing was right I would. It could be done on a subscription basis and even it it was just a small flyer to start things off it might work. Think about it and give some input to the idea.

Bob

There was only maybe five good pages in the RCBM anyway so your not going to miss much. I am sure all the articles on RTR stuff paid the bills but most of the other coverage was too late or too little. I am sure its not an easy job to do a layout and gather all the info. What I didnt appreciate was the misinformation or lack of information in some of the articles, this may have ben caused by all the good stuff that got edited. I would have really liked to have seen more articles on some of the people that race and build boats and more done by actual racers. Kinda like they used to do in the old issues. THose articles to me where always more interesting. I think it would have also given the people just starting some insite into this hobby and possibly help drive the hobby builders end of this and not just RTR stuff. I like the idea of the roostertail and propwash articles but how do you get those into the hands of joe public.

I dont really mean to sound to critical but its just my 2 cents from a lowly boater

Well, for the newbies to the hobby and people thinking about boats the RCBM was a good rag to me. I always enjoyed it.

Well, for the newbies to the hobby and people thinking about boats the RCBM was a good rag to me. I always enjoyed it.
Roy, that was the good and bad thing about the magazine. For the new boater or one looking to get into it, it was a source for shopping around to see what is out there. The problem is that there were hardly any bad reviews unless you read between the lines. Talk bad about a product though and you lose advertisers. It's a very fine line there.

"What's the point?"I don't have a computer in the bathroom and now have nothing to read while doing my paper work.

That's the point.

Dale P.
Dale

That is friggin hilarious.....

It just hit me funny.....

I don't have a PC in my batroom as well.....

I am on your side Dale.

LOL

The really sad part is that the sorry SOB's are attempting to appease us by replacing RCBM with RCCA on an issue per issue basis. If you had a 2 year subscription to RCBM, AirAge Publishing has deemed it fair that you receive just 8 issues of R/C Car Action. If memory serves me correctly, one year of RCBM (4 issues) was $27 while one year of RCCA (12 issues) is about $20............. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back