Pray for all those boaters in Iowa and the Mid west

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MEAN GREEN

I hope every one has been watching the news because these storm systems out in the mid west have many of our supplyers and IW buddys in a world of hurt

Gavin :(

I hope every one has been watching the news because these storm systems out in the mid west have many of our supplyers and IW buddys in a world of hurtGavin :(
When will it end? Im ok but out in Iowa it is flooding some cities.

Everything in the boat shop doesnt float :lol:

Pump was running all week and mopping up wet spots everywhere.

PHIL

I hope every one has been watching the news because these storm systems out in the mid west have many of our supplyers and IW buddys in a world of hurtGavin :(
When will it end? Im ok but out in Iowa it is flooding some cities.

Everything in the boat shop doesnt float :lol:

Pump was running all week and mopping up wet spots everywhere.

PHIL
sorry to hear it at least its only wet spots I saw Ceadr city shots and it doest look good for yall

Good luck

yes it is tragic,,,, mike larson on here is right in the middle of it,,,,i was talking to him the other day and he said the streets were filling pretty fast....at least he is in good spirits about it all,,,,,we were joking around saying how funny it would be to set up some bouys and fire up the boats.....thoughts go out to mike and everyone else that has to deal with the rising waters......

alden

yes it is tragic,,,, mike larson on here is right in the middle of it,,,,i was talking to him the other day and he said the streets were filling pretty fast....at least he is in good spirits about it all,,,,,we were joking around saying how funny it would be to set up some bouys and fire up the boats.....thoughts go out to mike and everyone else that has to deal with the rising waters......

alden
Thought about that when I saw the news but not funny when the retrieve boat is on the front porch :eek: but at least its a way to have fun in a bad time

Mike Larson, and Marty Slater are both around Cedar Rapids. Chris Wood is just North of Des Moines. We got over 3 1/2" of rain here in Minneapolis between Tuesday morning and Wednesday night... that will add to the mess they have in Iowa via the mighty Mississip'. Hope none of you guys get washed away.

Larry Conrad

It's a Terrible situation. I was speaking to one of the members on here this morning. I'm not going to name him to offer some privacy in a tragic situation. He lost everything: both cars, house is flooded to the roof, all the contents of the house....they expected maybe some water in the yard but water went up to the roof rafters. :(
B Ive been there and it sucks. It wasnt during my adult years but it was tramatic when the second floor is the safe place in the the house

alden

Update on Mike Larson - spoke to him last night on the phone. His house foundation is 4.5' above grade and the water is 5' deep in his house, and rising. His garage is at ground level and the water is above the top of the garage doors. All 3 of his vehicles are under water and ruined. He and his wife Shelly had to be rescued by the fire dept with a zodiac boat. The water came in that fast and that hard that they could not get out themselves. EVERYTHING is a total loss. To add to the misery and heartfelt concerns, Shelly's mother also lost everything and 3 of her family members have not been heard from. I have not been able to get in touch with him today.

Over 400 city blocks in Cedar Rapids are flooded. So we think we have it bad with some heat and t'storms?

Shelly has found mother an brother an sister

mike an Shelly are staying with a boating buddy

they got there 1 dog n 2 cats out with them

total loss he is hopping to go an look around Saturday

but the water is over the over the over head door in the garage

more to come

Marty

Shelly has found mother an brother an sistermike an Shelly are staying with a boating buddy

they got there 1 dog n 2 cats out with them

total loss he is hopping to go an look around Saturday

but the water is over the over the over head door in the garage

more to come

Marty

Thanks Marty for the update. I know they are with Don and are safe and dry. Good news on Shelly's family and pets.

Thoughts and prayers go out to all involved . Hope Mike Larson and family keep there heads up in this difficult time .

If anybody talks to Mike tell him Ed Ritchie said My family is praying for them all .

Ed

PS , maybe our government can stop wasting our money on Iraq and actually help our own for a change .

Last edited by a moderator:
Thoughts and prayers go out to all involved . Hope Mike Larson and family keep there heads up in this difficult time .
If anybody talks to Mike tell him Ed Ritchie said My family is praying for them all .

Ed
Ditto, hope Mike & family as well as any others dealing with this will be ok. What a terrible situation. :(

Wow not good news for you Cedar Rapids People.Sorry about Mike Larsen how are you Marty you get flooded out like Mike?

no where near mikes situation iam high an dry compared to mike

i was hauling dirt down around mikes Wednesday in 2' of water to build dikes higher

next morning the Railroad bridge went down that started the day off then they just under

estimated it from the Beginning really sad situation

Marty

Mike. Hope your Ok brother. Im alright here on the NE side of CR, and I know Marty is high and dry where he is. I know alot of cedar rapids, around 3500 houses have been destroyed due to the flood waters, and that doesnt include palo. The entire Palo community is a complete loss. My parents are in staying with me here in CR as there house is entirelly gone with the contents! Mike keep your head up brother!

First of all.... i'd like to thank the men offering prayers for me...Derek thornton on here, also has lost everything, his house was closer to the river than mine...... he got out, and is with his parents, last known.... i'm currently at don stephenson's house, which, among everything, is needing to be temporary...... the water, has started to recede.... i am going to canoe to my house 4 blocks today, and possibly salvage/look at the situation.... my prayers, go out to your dad, rod, and anybody else in my circle that has had their life erased..... we are desperately searching for a place to stay thats will accept our pets, that, ironically, the firefighters mandated i leave...... the search is frustrating, as, the area landlords have deemed, to take advantage financially, of 25000 displaced pets, families, and people..... to this point, i have nothing.... 2 changes of clothes, my wife, and my pets....

sob story unintended.... i can extend my thanks to my freinds and fellow boaters that have stepped to the plate so far.....

guys that know me wil understand what follows:

guess, i'll not be racing at mendota this year fellas!

the fishin'll be awesome for years to come!

I didnt wanna lay block for awhile anymore anyway......

Pets are people too... even if, the firefighters say they arent

God grant me the serenity...... and he has....

John, and Kevin call, at your convenience..... i cannot store deperately needed phone #'s with all the communication I have to accomplish.... until this point, my cell phone knowledge was limited, and I am doing the best I can

I appreciate efforts ongoing, here, and abroad.....

the sun has appeared, the damage is done..... and I have a tough row to hoe..... ONE day at a time......

I will not fail, to perservere.... i cannot be knocked down......

i'll try to get on here if, i can.... dial up is amazing, i have more important tasks at hand, and a lot of missions to solve.....

thanks guys.... i'll call who i can when i can..... mike

First of all.... i'd like to thank the men offering prayers for me...Derek thornton on here, also has lost everything, his house was closer to the river than mine...... he got out, and is with his parents, last known.... i'm currently at don stephenson's house, which, among everything, is needing to be temporary...... the water, has started to recede.... i am going to canoe to my house 4 blocks today, and possibly salvage/look at the situation.... my prayers, go out to your dad, rod, and anybody else in my circle that has had their life erased..... we are desperately searching for a place to stay thats will accept our pets, that, ironically, the firefighters mandated i leave...... the search is frustrating, as, the area landlords have deemed, to take advantage financially, of 25000 displaced pets, families, and people..... to this point, i have nothing.... 2 changes of clothes, my wife, and my pets.... sob story unintended.... i can extend my thanks to my freinds and fellow boaters that have stepped to the plate so far.....

guys that know me wil understand what follows:

guess, i'll not be racing at mendota this year fellas!

the fishin'll be awesome for years to come!

I didnt wanna lay block for awhile anymore anyway......

Pets are people too... even if, the firefighters say they arent

God grant me the serenity...... and he has....

John, and Kevin call, at your convenience..... i cannot store deperately needed phone #'s with all the communication I have to accomplish.... until this point, my cell phone knowledge was limited, and I am doing the best I can

I appreciate efforts ongoing, here, and abroad.....

the sun has appeared, the damage is done..... and I have a tough row to hoe..... ONE day at a time......

I will not fail, to perservere.... i cannot be knocked down......

i'll try to get on here if, i can.... dial up is amazing, i have more important tasks at hand, and a lot of missions to solve.....

thanks guys.... i'll call who i can when i can..... mike
mike brother we are all here for you and "everyone" . i just chose to do this because you are the only guy i knew besides marty that is affected.. and we have become such great friends , well that is how my friends are taken care of.. thanks to "everyone" that has helped and will help .. you all are great people.. peace

terminator

Mike Hit FEMA hard and heavy thats what they are there for, it is bad now BUT you will bounce back from this even if you dont see it, you will, all is not lost-- you and your wife(pets to) made it out and thats the most important thing... Keep your head up Bud there is light at the end of this tunnel-

Back