Poll-Orginal Silver Bullet 21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

To those that have run the Orginal Silver Buller Pipe

• very satisified

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • somewhat satisfies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • just "ok"

• it sucks!

• Total voters
any body that is not happy with the way their pipe runs (any brand), send them to me, and i will dispose of them in an environmentally friendly way. 3.5 ob only-must include header!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ernie of the info. Out of all these answers on the forum about the the pipe you were the only person to answer the questions I wanted to hear. I had bought his pipe in the early 2000's and never used it until this year. Mark didn't have his

HP pipe out yet just to give you a idea when I bought the pipe. When I bought the pipe I ask Mark if the pipe would be good for my Rossi (161r21) and he said yes. So the brand new motor and pipe was just setting in my draw until this year. After building a new boat.. etc.. I couldn't get the boat to run over 15 mph. Pretty sad. I emailed Mark and told him I did and what I went thru but be didn't post that! I wonder why! Head clearance.. pipe length.. engine timing.. carb..props. pressure check case...fuel.. prop depth and the story so on. Exhaust timing 175-176.. stock motor. I still don't know why the pipe wouldn't work and after many hours of testing just gave up and found a Irwin and the boats runs like a champ. Do you know? Because just for my own peace of mind would like to know. My other tunnel with a K&B is running very close to 50mph.. not to bad for a K&B and I'm not a rookie at this! It could be just flat out miss match between pipe and motor? I also tied a hopper tank and that didn't work. I didn't want to rehash this but I sure would like to know the answer? I would maybe try one of Marks new pipes and probadly shouldn't of jump on Mark. People all make mistakes!

Hey if any of you who do not use the old silver bullet pipe if you want to sell one let me know I can really use one.

By the I have been running that pipe for a couple of years and it worked GREAT.

Now I need another one.

Thanks Richie R

ChuckMaybe I could give you the technical information on these Silver Bullet pipes , since I was associated considerably with their design.

The first version of the SB pipe is a stamped production of the cut and welded Nova Rossi inboard pipe that I ran from 2000 to 2004 . This pipe is docile with most all motor and prop combinations due to its 10 degree convergent cone . Once it was determined that this pipe would not give the extreme high end revs no matter how much you shortened it , other sizes and angles were looked i

into.

The second version is the Silver Bullet HP . It is an attempt for a "middle of the road" kind of pipe . It has a double angle on the convergent cone somewhat like the CMDI 21 & 45 nitro pipe . The purpose for these two angles was to have a pipe that is easy to get up on then the greater angle of the second half of the cone would provide higher RPM .

The third version of the Silver Bullet pipe ( soon to be released ) was intended for all out speed . This pipe has about the same volume as the two mentioned before , but it has a 14 degree convergent cone. High speeds and RPM can be achieved while running this pipe short with an average size prop . I will say this combination will display a peaky and narrow power band . This pipe can be lengthened to provide a more forgiving power band and have the top end results like the first and second versions .

There were other designs of Silver Bullet pipes that could not improve on the performance of the first three and were never considered to be sold .

If you cant find a variety like this with other manufacture of 3.5 outboard pipes , maybe you will give Silver Bullet another try.

ERNIE
So where are the Mark worshipers now? Let's hear it. I'd like to know why Mark didn't work a little more with the guy that purchased the pipe instead of starting this stupid poll in the first place.

I think you may find "worship" is not the correct term. RESPECT is what most here have for Mark. Did he not handle one customer correctly? Working two careers and taking great care of all his requests. You can't please everyone and he was probably a little offended when his product was called junk. Not going to make this a promo but I think Mark can see by the content most people are happy with his efforts. And those that are not it is a free country and we welcome you in all your wisdom to come up with a better product and better service. Go ahead make our day. Sell high performance hobby products for a sole living and then come back with an opinion.

I think you may find "worship" is not the correct term. RESPECT is what most here have for Mark. Did he not handle one customer correctly? Working two careers and taking great care of all his requests. You can't please everyone and he was probably a little offended when his product was called junk. Not going to make this a promo but I think Mark can see by the content most people are happy with his efforts. And those that are not it is a free country and we welcome you in all your wisdom to come up with a better product and better service. Go ahead make our day. Sell high performance hobby products for a sole living and then come back with an opinion.
I don't doubt he's makes (some) good products but why didn't he work with the disgruntled person instead of making a poll to (basically) discredit a person he doesn't even know? He could've tried to find out what his problem was instead of polling a bunch of people he already knows what the results are going to be on. Seems to me if you have that kind of confidence in your testing this kind of a poll is not even necessary.

I think what could have prevented all the controversy is for Silver Bullet Pipes to outline what engines each pipe is designed for specifically without modifying sleeves and this and that to get good results.

Not everyone owns a machine shop or knows or even wants to mess with sleeve timing, or even knows there is a difference between makes. Anyone buying a pipe will know adjusting pipe length will be required...but if the product is targeted at masters of engine building...then this is a different story.

If you put out a generically / blankly advertised product without an outline of what manufacturing makes it can be used on without mods, and left up for the consumer base to "assume" it is a bolt on performance item...this is a false sale.

There will only be one result of this and that will be people that are angry with the purchase. It should not carry simply "For 3.5's" and let go. It is also not proper for a sale to go as far as when you open the instructions and it is outlined having to physically modify (i.e. metal removal) what you already own for it to work.

When people defend a product with a statement of having to modify thier internal workings of their motors and then say its the best thing since sliced bread is very slanted.

I welcome all aftermarket items for our boats...there needs to be more of it around, but people need to know what they are buying before it is bought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back