Pipe recommendations for MAC 3.5 on WOF30

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnrcboatracer

Supporting Member
I'm putting together my first tunnel in about 30 years. WHat's the consensus on a good pipe for the MAC power head. I've seen SPP, Cooper, and Equi S pipe. I've been watching several S pipes on eBay, but beofre I commit, I wanted to know what others think. Thanks in advance.

I have the SPP pipe mounted. I havent ran it yet but thats what I saw was the most liked pipe by alot of people. Its amazing how light it is... I have pics of it mounted in my gallery if you want to see.

Jason

I have seen the older Irwin "J" stamped pipe run on the Mac, also the HTB Silver Bullit "HP".

The GadjetCraft is what I use and it's a carbon copy of the Irwin stamped,, unintentional pun :rolleyes: but true, except the length of the Gadjet stinger is 3 1/4 inches long.

I don't run it that long on the Mac though.

The Gadjet is hard to get unless someone wants to sell their's,, it happens.

The unmuffled Irwin "J" is LOUD! on the Mac,, a silencer has to happen with that combo and also

with the Gadjet. I think allot of the racket that comes from the Mac comes right from the carb,, it's the only 3.5 O/B that has ever hurt my ears.

I wouldn't be afraid to run the "HP" if I didn't have the gadjet and their available from

Mark at HTB Boats for $75 or $80. Also one of the SPP pipes from Australia would be a

good choice but I don't really know which one works best with the Mac engine.

The "Dynamite" 1/8 scale header fits perfect, they're found at most

LHS's that cater to our car friends :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the SPP pipe mounted. I havent ran it yet but thats what I saw was the most liked pipe by alot of people. Its amazing how light it is... I have pics of it mounted in my gallery if you want to see.

Jason

we have the only pipe that will meet the 82 db limite thst exists in the uk , in order for any muff ed pipe to work correctly . it must first be shortend to the correct length , if by chance , you should sorten my pipe to short ?? just return and we will weld a new piece on at no charge . thank you james irwin

Jason

we have the only pipe that will meet the 82 db limite thst exists in the uk ,
i dont like to get into debates and push my products but there are a few pipes that will get down to 82db and perform well in Europe B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a friend with a TS2 (fibreglass WOF30 basically) MAC powered and uses a SPP NR21OB Muffled pipe.

It screams and it's legal for noise in Australia, which runs to a lower DB level than IMPBA.

Tim.

Back