SOWEGA is doing outboards right.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Larry, the SOWEGA site is amazing, and the owners are who make it that way. They have 6 or 7 RV hookups (electric and water, no sewer) on site that get reserved fairly quickly for $35/night, but you can also dry camp in other areas around the pond for free if you dont need water or electricity. Plenty of room for campers. There are also many inexpensive hotels one exit north of where the pond is, about 10 minutes away in Ashburn GA. They are right off of the interstate, so access is quite easy.

Come on down and race with us!

Gabe,
I’m working out all the little details involved so I can come down and race. It will be a bit of a road trip.

Carl, I hear they have racers down there that know a thing or two about tunnel hulls, it should be a good learning experience for me.

Did I mention they also have permanent stadium style lighting on the pond so you can run all night also? Yeah, they have that too...

I hope you do come down. There is always some fast stuff there. The owners are great people. As Julie says "It's a No Bull Crap Site" She CD's all the racing and does a great job calling starts and infractions.

I hope everyone is coming to Sowega next year (2020)...I know I am certainly planning on being there and hopefully being some heat ;)

You and your crew should be there Carl? Would be good to meet you properly. We probably did meet in 2007, but that was a few lifetimes ago haha

Kris, I am already planing to be there for sure. It will be good to have you over here and hopefully the weather will allow us to get in some battle style heats together.

Great to hear. NOW if only we can get Dunny and Grimracer to this race we will certainly have 'the band' back to together! :)

Should have gone to bed an hour ago. Question had been answered.:(

Last edited:
Lets see

1,199 miles
18 to 20 hours drive.. (Approx)

I have a 5 hour drive time rule for a weekend race....

THIS IS WAY PAST MY weekend race driving distance! WAY WAY PAST...LOL

Good luck to all!

Grim

Mike,
It’s 1350 miles from my house, we could meet at your house, fill up your van with outboard powered racing craft, pool together our road trip and lodging expenses, and have fun while doing it..:)

Ask Kem if the guy with the crop duster will fly up and bring you down. Could be a bumpy ride and a lot of fuel stops. He might can even land it near a Waffle House so you can eat.

yum... WAFFLE HOUSE!

Ah, WH memories somewhere between Champaign, IL and Charleston, SC.
Conversation between the waitress and a lady at the counter, "How are things at the plant?"
"Well, it's cold in the winter and hot in the summer?"
Customer to waitress, "How's your dog?"
Waitress, "Oh, he'd doing ok."

I don't remember how many WHs we counted on that trip, but we had a contest at the OB Championships and the racer guessing the closest got a new Top Speed 3, or maybe it was a VS1.

Good times.

Well, managed to get this topic completely off the tracks.

Dunny​

Back