Picco's are coming (45's)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is this motor the same as the last big crank black head motor that everyone wants

I hope its the 8mm :(

Larry Jr.

Neal had best hope so along with many of us. The 8MM engines go for a premium and the 6MM can't hardly be sold. The cranks just won't hold up. If Picco goes back to the 6MM I would not think many of the new ones would be sold.

hi guy's
just a quick update on how things are going with the picco motors

i should have them in my hot little hand around early feb

here are some of the changes they have made to the new picco

the P45-R will have the 6 bolt patten water cooling head and the colour will be anodized blue

there have been changes to the bearings and the head insert as well as the diameter of the crank shaft

as more info comes i will post it here

thanks neal :rolleyes:
The orginial Blue head 45`s were 6mm cranks. The 1st generation black head 45`s were 6mm cranks. Both had crank breakage problems. Picco built its best 45 engines in the last batch of 2001. Black heads with 8mm crank assemblies. with many of the clearence issues resolved. They Never corrected the Flywheel cone issues on any of the 45`s. All were too short & too Soft allowing additional crank end play to be a factor many times before the engine was broke in. The 303 stainless .100 longer flywheel cones corrected this problem. Hopefully this is a New Improved 8mm Picco 45 with issues resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guy's

the P45-R will have the 6 bolt patten water cooling head and the colour will be anodized blue

there have been changes to the bearings and the head insert as well as the diameter of the crank shaft

The orginial Blue head 45`s were 6mm cranks. The 1st generation black head 45`s were 6mm cranks. Both had crank breakage problems. Picco built its best 45 engines in the last batch of 2001. Black heads with 8mm crank assemblies. with many of the clearence issues resolved. They Never corrected the Flywheel cone issues on any of the 45`s. All were too short & too Soft allowing additional crank end play to be a factor many times before the engine was broke in. The 303 stainless .100 longer flywheel cones corrected this problem. Hopefully this is a New Improved 8mm Picco 45 with issues resolved.
Maybe a steel rod with needles. Like Joe said the last batch was perfect.....got one oiled up and ready to run>Orlic mod Its just broken in

hi guy's

Maybe a steel rod with needles. Like Joe said the last batch was perfect.....got one oiled up and ready to run>Orlic mod Its just broken in
Mikey You know the Picco 45`8mm engine never had a Rod issue. Only maybe if you under propped the engine & Had the ex timing high. Picco built many replacement 6mm blue head cranks that had a thicker hardness (rockwell number was higher) But not untill the black head 45 arrive did the Picco Dominate their respective classes. the 8mm 45 was a smaller version of the Proven PICCO 67 EXR Winner!!!

hi guy's

Hello Joe, who made the stainless cones?

Charles

hi guy's

Peter Munzo off the west coast was the man that machined & resolved the problem.

hi guy's

Charles
I do know the cones were sold by speedmaster. I still have one new in the package. Ken

hi guy's

Charles
I do know the cones were sold by speedmaster. I still have one new in the package. Ken

Ken,

Are you interesting in selling it to me?

John

The original Silver head and Blue EXR 45 had 7 millimeter cranks not 6. I think the crank part number was 3052. The small bearing size is 7x19x6

John

The original Silver head and Blue EXR 45 had 7 millimeter cranks not 6. I think the crank part number was 3052. The small bearing size is 7x19x6

John
Thanks John for clearing that up again, everytime I hear the 6mm crank thingy I just...............
Well Joe, the crank measures 6.98 hence the 6mm plus size...... yes it is close to 7mm But it does not measure 7mm. the front Bearing would measure 7mm to allow clearence. Never the less the Picco 45 Brass cones are JUNK! I just tore a pratically New small crank Picco 45 down today with the flywheel dragging the end of the case.The subject of a burnt out flywheel cone..... If Picco have Engineers they Need to use them. The min max on Factory parts are too far apart. Many mating angles do not match up.(workmanship errors) This caused many engine failures. Not the design of the engine The design was Excellent. I have broke enough of them to know. Still consider it to be the Best If you clearence the engine before operating it......

We sell tons of Picco car motors at my hobby shop and they never have the issues the marine motors do. I think this is due to Picco knowing that the car guys will simply not tolerate those types of issues and have many other brands to choose from, but the boat guys do not.

Eric Canto

Hi Guys and Girls

just a quick note

should have all the motors and parts this week for the ( p45-r marine )

as soon as i have them you guys will know

i have just place a order today for more 45s and .21 and parts so i should receive them in 2/ 3 weeks as well

thanks very much

Neal Rogers

any Questions please email me at [email protected]

ok guys

its 4.45 in the morning and i got lots of emails to answer but have to head off to work when i get home i will email everyone with answers

thanks very much

neal rogers

hi guys

well i have the picco 45's in my hot hands if you can give me a few hours to take some pics ect and get the heart rate down i will post photos on here

thanks neal rogers

here are some photos and more to come tonight

thanks neal rogers

guys it is good to get a lot of emails but for me it is 11.30 pm and i need to get up at 4.00am so just give me a nights sleep and back to work for the day and i will get back to you all

if you want prices ect please email me at [email protected] i have a price list i can send you

thanks guys and yes the list is very long but i have orded a lot more so i should get heap more parts and motors in about 2/3 weeks

thanks neal

Latest posts

Back