Any knowledgeable Picco historians?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Buck

Hey guys I’m pretty new to the boating world but I’m curious if any of you older gentleman know the history on Picco Engines and what’s going on with them in 2021. I’ve always been an OS guy in my helis but recently bought two boats and one has a Picco 65 and the other is a black/grey headed Picco 45 but the 45 needs some work. Is parts availability still out there or are there doors completely shut? Looking for everything I need to rebuild this 45. Also is there a specific engine that leads the way as far as racing? Novarossi? How does Picco compare in quality and design ?
I appreciate any info guys!
thanks Scott

Welcome to the rc boating world Scott I run CMB engines there pretty fast right out of the box and parts and engines are easy to get but I know alot of guys run piccos hopefully they will chime in and give you some info our CMB connection is Stu Barr with crapshooter boats Jeff Barnes

Pic would be helpful. I have a good knowledge of mid 95 to 2001 engines. I believe there is a thread on here that Joe Warren has pics of all the motors in the series. I will see if I can find a link.
Mike

Post 3 is me, Joe Wiebelhaus, I own about every Picco marine motor ever made, pics, specs part list, from the 1980 P engines to the exr versions.

That catalog they had back in the 80's, pre EXR days, was a work of art.... that's when

Gualtiero Picco was running the show, and he was a boat racer. He started Picco Micromotori

back in 1979.

History.jpg

Last edited:
Gualtiero Picco was also the designer for OPS in the late 60s & 70s before he started Picco Motori, the P in OPS stood for Picco. I had one of the first OPS 60 motors around 1968 or 1969, this was a ringed motor pre ABC versions. Front exhaust with Zimmerman valve that came with a tuned pipe.

Latest posts

Back