Oregon RC Boaters! Let's hear from you!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyinFinn

Calling all Oregon RC Boaters! I live in Dallas, OR and I am new to the hobby. I've already met a few nice people from Emerald RC in Springfield, OR. Who else is from Oregon? Give a quick reply and maybe we can share info on good places to run boats, clubs or gatehrings, swap stories about Oregon rain, wind, etc. I am anxious to get my new Miss Vegas running. I also look forward to getting my TS II back on the water after an unfortunate tangle with a large stick! Look forward to hearing from all you Oregonians! :D

There is a large group of Washington boaters as well. The District 8 meeting is this Sunday in the Seattle area at the Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum at 12:00. Come on up, look at the model and full size hydros and meet everyone.

Lohring Miller

Calling all Oregon RC Boaters! I live in Dallas, OR and I am new to the hobby. I've already met a few nice people from Emerald RC in Springfield, OR. Who else is from Oregon? Give a quick reply and maybe we can share info on good places to run boats, clubs or gatehrings, swap stories about Oregon rain, wind, etc. I am anxious to get my new Miss Vegas running. I also look forward to getting my TS II back on the water after an unfortunate tangle with a large stick! Look forward to hearing from all you Oregonians! :D
Jerry Wyss lives on the coast and i live in Salem. We run with the Emerald Club also. We test on a farmers pond. Testing on Sunday, you are more than welcome to join us.

Jim Hill

Calling all Oregon RC Boaters!

Yeah! All Eight Of Us! :lol: :lol: There's more than that I'm sure. Well Finn, 3 of us test @

a pond thats probably 12 miles straightline distance from you, if that.

Its a private pond owned by a farmer that is friendly about rc boats, has a gradual

shore with two inch deep mud in right at waters edge.

It would be a little hard to discribe(on here ) the way to the pond from the side you would come from. Pond is SE of Sheridan City center about 5 miles 'er so.

You can call me @ 541-992-4809 any time.

Jerry

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Thanks for the response guys! Yes, I'm definitely interested in joining you guys at the pond, if you don't mind. I'm really pretty easy to get along with! Just ask Lohring! I met Lohring a few weekends ago and he helped me out a great deal, until I ran my boat across a sinker log! OK, it was more like a large stick, but my TSII acted like it was a log when I hit it! Repairs are made. Had to replace the transom mounting inserts and get a new transom mount for my OS 21XM. Back in business and new props came in! Yee-Haw! Some new props to try out! I think I've caught the bug for RC boats now! Look out wallet, step aside wife, the kid and I are going racing! :D

Jerry is definitely the man in our club in tunnel boats. Just don't let him sell you any Australian speed secrets.

Lohring Miller

Jerry is definitely the man in our club in tunnel boats. Just don't let him sell you any Australian speed secrets.
Lohring Miller
He probably put a "wedge" on a L Y N X and got Splat! :lol:

Most of what I know about model boat engines came from one man in Australia,, willing to take the time

and help,, 8,000 miles away!, I'll never forget it.

Itnlwaters made all that possible, I'll never forget that either ;)

Lohring Miller
He probably put a "wedge" on a L Y N X and got Splat! :lol:

Most of what I know about model boat engines came from one man in Australia,, willing to take the time

and help,, 8,000 miles away!, I'll never forget it.

Itnlwaters made all that possible, I'll never forget that either ;)
I wish I lived close to Jerry, im sure there is much to learn from that guy! Listen to what he has to say, he does know abit about these little model boat engines himself ;)

Latest posts

Back