old Mongoose hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan_Cousin

When I first got into boats, either John Finch or Al Hobbs did an article in RCBM on a 45 goose with a OS 46 in it and it looked very impressive. I saw a few run over the years and havn't seen many, if any that ran bad.

I believe Andy discontinued the Mongoose line he got with Tidewater and the original Eagle showed up.

Why did you not continue on the Mongoose path and switch over to the the Eagle SG when the parted ways with Tidewater?

Anything about the Mongoose design, looking back today, that you didn't like?

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first got into boats, either John Finch or Al Hobbs did an article in RCBM on a 45 goose with a OS 46 in it and it looked very impressive. I saw a few run over the years and havn't seen many, if any that ran bad.

I believe Andy discontinued the Mongoose line he got with Tidewater and the original Eagle showed up.

Why did you not continue on the Mongoose path and switch over to the the Eagle SG when the parted ways with Tidewater?

Anything about the Mongoose design, looking back today, that you didn't like?

Other than being heavy the Mongoose had no bad habits and was an all aroung great running boat. Set lots of records and won many many major races.

People are always looking for the latest, greatest, so when I came out with the Eagle in 1991 ( 2 yrs. before I went to Tidewater) guys just quit ordering the Mongoose. I

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll bet you could come out with a Mongoose 2007 hydro and the guys would flock. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back