ODMBA ANNUAL INVITATIONAL

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Job Well Done ODMBA! Had alot of fun this weekend!! Great racing! Great Company! Great Food! Great Site! What more could you ask for!!!

Next time could somebody else volunteer to be the Drug Runner Boat in the Drug Runner Offshore Suicide Race?? My Heart can't take another one of those.

:D

Yes it sure was a great weekend of hard racin' as most classes were not decided until the last heat. And the 1000 pound gorilla proved once again that if you give him the inside he will kick a$$. Also everyone did a great job on noise abatement, we only had to give one warning on Friday's open water & that person fixed the problem by start of Saturday's racing. We had 2 meters present with one just coming back from being calibrated. Good weather (maybe a touch on the warm side), good food & good friends made for a fun weekend of racing for all. A big thanks to all who attended!! B)

Special thanks to our club volunteers for set up, CD, retrieve boat, and cleanup - a lot of work goes into this weekend and all the efforts made everything go very smoothly.

I would also like to thank everyone who let my son Tommy pit for them - he really felt like "one of the boys" this weekend and it helped him blow off his rough race performance.

Our first-time spectators and the military caterers would like to thank Scott Norris for the drug run boat show - they said that the open offshore race to avoid "that crazy yellow boat" was worth the trip :lol:

Great to see everyone, good competition - hope to see you all again soon!

Don, Christi, Larry, and everyone else from ODMBA, thanks for a great weekend. Had lots of fun.

Scott, was that suicide boat thingy your way of retaliating for the lack of a hooters girl on the dock?

Don, Christi, Larry, and everyone else from ODMBA, thanks for a great weekend. Had lots of fun.

Scott, was that suicide boat thingy your way of retaliating for the lack of a hooters girl on the dock?
Yea that's it! No Hooters Girls. Think I'll rig my boat to disconnect it's battery half way through the Offshore Race & see if I can run over 5 boats! You figured it out Chuck!! :blink: :D

Yea that's it! No Hooters Girls. Think I'll rig my boat to disconnect it's battery half way through the Offshore Race & see if I can run over 5 boats! You figured it out Chuck!! :blink: :D
Actually I had a "hooters girl" in the car, complete with the uniform tshirt cut off and tied up, but left it there after noticing how many folks brought their children and decided to behave myself for once.

I should, however, have danced on the tables considering Dad (Larry) had his best Invitational ever and I wasn't hurt by any of his crash landings on the sand! :lol:

Actually I had a "hooters girl" in the car, complete with the uniform tshirt cut off and tied up, but left it there after noticing how many folks brought their children and decided to behave myself for once.

I should, however, have danced on the tables considering Dad (Larry) had his best Invitational ever and I wasn't hurt by any of his crash landings on the sand! :lol:
..... and earned himself a new nickname, Mudbug, after he buried his cat boat in the embankment mud up to the cockpit. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK OK....................... Enough of the After Play. Lets have some RESULTS!!!!

ENQUIRING MINDS WHAT TO KNOW!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

OK OK....................... Enough of the After Play. Lets have some RESULTS!!!!

I know Larry sent the results to Tracy Dolphin last night to post on the IMPBA website but I'll follow up with him tonight and see if we can get them posted on here. I had to come back to reality and work today so I didn't bring score sheets with me sorry (need to remember to get a vacation day for Monday next year to recover - is it Friday yet?).

Many thanks also for the ODMBA club for a great race. It was good coming home again and seeing some racing friends that either do not travel much or in the southern direction. I truly hope that some may venture down to the CMB race in early October and enjoy some more fine racing and hospitality we can offer all of you.

I know Larry sent the results to Tracy Dolphin last night to post on the IMPBA website but I'll follow up with him tonight and see if we can get them posted on here. I had to come back to reality and work today so I didn't bring score sheets with me sorry (need to remember to get a vacation day for Monday next year to recover - is it Friday yet?).
I know Tony Bonanno won the High Points with 2 Perfect 1200 Point Wins! Great Job and Congrats to Tony!

I know Tony Bonanno won the High Points with 2 Perfect 1200 Point Wins! Great Job and Congrats to Tony!

Steve Speas had a near perfect score himself of 2300 points and came in second. Honest truth of the race is that Tony has not raced in a year, dusted off his 2 boats, a 20 mono and 40 rigger, and with NO open water time on Friday, started racing on Saturday, and won all 6 heats. Absolute perfection and near enough to make you puke! Well done by both guys.

2006 ODMBA Invitational results- (top 3 from each class)

B Mono-

1-TONY BONANNO

2-JOHN ATWOOD

3-AMBER PHELPS

B Hydro

1-DON FERRETTE

2-JIM BENNS

3-BILL BENNS

Gas Hydro

1-TRENT GHATTAS

2-OMRO WILLEY

3-LARRY HIBBERT

D Mono

1-CHUCK GARDINER

2-SCOTT NORRIS

3-AMBER PHELPS

D Hydro

1-TONY BONANNO

2-DON FERRETTE

3-BILL BEATTY

Gas Mono

1-CHUCK HOOPER

2-TRENT GHATTAS

3-MIKE HEMRIC

E Mono

1-JIM SQUIRES

2-SCOTT NORRIS

3-JOHN ATWOOD

E Hydro

1-POP WEIMER

2-DANNY WEIMER

3-JOHN KNIGHT

Gas Catamaran

1-STEVE SPEAS

2-DON MCGURN

3-TRENT GHATTAS

F Mono

1-FRED LUMB SR.

2-SCOTT NORRIS

3-DANNY WEIMER

F hydro

1-JOHN BONANNO

2-JOHN KNIGHT

3-JIM BENNS

Open Catamaran

1-STEVE SPEAS

2-CHUCK HOOPER

3-JOHN BONANNO

B O/B Tunnel

1-FRED LUMB JR.

2-POP WEIMER

3-GREG MINTZ

1/8th Scale

1-DON FERRETTE

2-FRED LUMB SR

3-JAMES BEASLEY

Crackerbox

1-JOHN ATWOOD

2-LARRY HIBBERT

3-JIM GEIGER

Gas Sport Hydro

1-TRENT GHATTAS

2-MIKE HART

3-OMRO WILLEY

Sport 40

1-CHUCK GARDINER

2-CARL CISNEROS

3-POP WEIMER

Open Offshore

1-STEVE SPEAS

2-LARRY HIBBERT

3-MIKE HART

1/8 scale Concours

DON FERRETTE - SMOKIN' JOE'S

High Points

TONY BONANNO

OK.........DUDE,What happened............Your not going to tell me that the struts that you are looking for were the problems with the boat. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

OK.........DUDE,What happened............Your not going to tell me that the struts that you are looking for were the problems with the boat. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
Nope. I ran TWO GALLONS of fuel thru the twin on Friday open water testing & tuning, actually had to prop down to slow the boat down to keep it under control in the corners. Everything seemed fine & ready to go but come race time I never got a start, farthest it got was buoy 3. When Steve Speas went to launch the twin on the last round the stuffing tube was so hot it blistered his finger yet sitting on the bench not running both props turned silk smooth. Upon checking the boat last night the left flex shaft has broken windings so once engines were fired it would swell up inside the stuffing tube & bind as soon as the props had a load on them in the water. Both shafts were fairly new and dripping with lube when I pulled them out. :angry: :angry:

That SUCKS!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

"Drug Runner Suicide Offshore" You better hope that thing will run on CRACK!!! :p :p :p

You will be YELPING.............." LIKE A SCOLDED DOGG!!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

" BEATEN HARD AND TIED TO A TREE!!!" :p :p :D :D :eek: :eek:

Back