New Zipp Kit JAE 21 GT

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next Stop Tampa, final paint is done, finish the radio install and start packing for Tampa. I will be running my Beta engine, CMB nitro pipe, 60% John Otto Tech Fuel and ABC and Octura props by Andy. Every thing is dialed in from my G2 JAE 21 . Hopefully I can keep up with Stan, Justin, Rod, Marty and the other seasoned racer's that will be at Tampa. Don't miss a great race put on by the Brandon club.

DSC_0003 (1).JPG

DSC_0004 (2).JPG

DSC_0005 (2).JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh boy we are going to have fun if we run against each other as our boats are the same color. Should make things interesting. That aside the boat looks awesome. See you soon.

Doc you GT looks great. I like the way you angled the motor (no s bend) Joe needs to do it this way and get rid of the s bend. Just my thinking. I know the Theory behind it but I still don't like doing it that way.

Doc you GT looks great. I like the way you angled the motor (no s bend) Joe needs to do it this way and get rid of the s bend. Just my thinking. I know the Theory behind it but I still don't like doing it that way.
I agree. No S bend. I have seen in a boat with the S bend heat up the shaft log to the point it melted the glue holding the shaft log

Thanks guys for your valuable input on the JAE hydro shaft design. For the modelers that don't have the skills and experience to add their own modifications, please be assured that the current shaft "S" bend design has been around for several years and does work. This is my 11th JAE build and I have not experienced a shaft problem, yet. The whole point of this post was and is to provide beginner and experienced boaters with ideas to advance our model boating hobby. Thanks to everyone for your posts and please keep them coming. The JAE team has provided us with a great platform to enjoy fun boating, all-out heat racing and record setting. A big thanks to the ZippKits Team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian,

Doc's engine angle is 8 degrees. I used one of my setup profiles when I cut the boat out. This is a custom boat. Doc bought the boat and we used the profiles to cut the boat parts from.

The boat is completely JAE design but built from different materials and different motor mount. As Mark said 8 deg.

The motor mount is Delrin. We use Delrin for mounts in all of our boats and have done so for many years.

The sides of the boat is a sandwich of thin ply, divinicyl and carbon fiber. Sponsons built with divinicyl.

The JAE design is outstanding

Back