New Zipp Kit JAE 21 GT

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received my new JAE 21 GT Kit yesterday and it appears to be everything and more. Martin Truex Jr and the Zippkits team obviously did their homework.

Using 30 min. epoxy I was able to assemble the basic tub in about an hour. This is made possible by what I will call the locking features of all the components. The laser cut pieces all fit together like a jig saw puzzle resulting in everything being square and flat. I did use a jig which I recommend using while the glue is drying to keep everything square.

Another outstanding feature of the kit is the complete pre-drilling for the hardware which results in everything being mounted accurately . The transom has the rudder and strut holes drilled and the bulk-heads have the holes for the servo rods. When you order the kit you can opt for the tub sides to be drilled for the Zippkits motor mount system which come predrilled for the popular Nova Rossi and CMB engines.

Since I'm packing for the Winter Nationals in Charleston there won't be any updates until mid Oct.

You can take a look at the kit and other products on the web page "zippkits.com"

Happy boating to all, Tim

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I have my 21GT finished. Ran it for the first time this week. Running it again today. Hopefully today i can get the new engine loosened up some more and see what shes got
default_smile.png

Adam have you run the previous 21 JAE? Tell us about the changes if you can. Thanks for the post.
I ran the JAE .21 G2 last year and this year with great success! My initial impression is BOTH are good riggers and IMO u cant beat the price per performance. Zipp Kits has done a very good job on these and Joe has absolutely great customer service!

As far as differences from the G2 to the 21GT this boat is longer, has different angle on the sponsons and the tub is not as tall so lower profile... Ski is a different angle as well i believe. I haven't had it in a race yet and have just been running in a freshly rebuilt engine of mine in with it so far. But the speeds are already impressive for true heat racing "i have a GPS on board at all times" and its on rails just like my G2 was. When i get more time with it i can give more details...

Here is a short video Mike Starrett got of me running the new JAE 21GT today at the pond. I just rebuilt my AB Mods Spec Novarossi .21DD engine so was easing into the tune here.

Adam, NICE!
Thanks Mike it means a lot coming from you. BTW i put together my JAE G2 with one of my AB Mod Spec 21-7 Novarossi engines for Mike Starrett to run this next race coming up in Sellersburg... I just had a 3280 pipe laying around so threw that on it and we are going to see if we cant get it halfway lined out for the race this weekend. I may be in trouble with Starrett behind the wheel.... But can u believe Mikes going to run a rigger?! I hope he likes it so i can get him more into them
default_smile.png
This weekend should be a fun fast paced race if all goes well! Look forward to seeing you guys there!

Adam,

Mike is going to need the new GT-21 if he is going to test with you?

I am sure he can build one up pretty quick. Your boat is looking pretty

good on the water. I know there is still a lot more in it.

Keep Testing Those Propellers,

Mark Sholund

I highly doubt Mike Starrett will build a rigger for himself... He's not much into them. I'm trying to change that but all i can do is try
default_smile.png

DSC_0020.JPGDSC_0020.JPGDSC_0024.JPGDSC_0012.JPGDSC_0013.JPGProject continued since the race in SC was changed. The tub, sponsons and Ski are done. Everything has gone together really well because of the preplanning that was put into the kit. I have a nice Walt Barney fuel tank that requires some material to be removed from the top deck and the boom area. Walt's tank has plenty of fuel for heat racing if that is your plan for the boat. I like to line the tank and engine bay area's with a epoxy and carbon tissue for strength and durability. I'm waiting for more tissue, so I will show the final assembly in the next post. Yes we do have Moose in Alaska!!

DSC_0022.JPG

Looking good Timothy! How many ounces of fuel does your tank hold?

Thanks,

Steve Ball

attachicon.gif
DSC_0020.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSC_0020.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSC_0024.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSC_0012.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSC_0013.JPGProject continued since the race in SC was changed. The tub, sponsons and Ski are done. Everything has gone together really well because of the preplanning that was put into the kit. I have a nice Walt Barney fuel tank that requires some material to be removed from the top deck and the boom area. Walt's tank has plenty of fuel for heat racing if that is your plan for the boat. I like to line the tank and engine bay area's with a epoxy and carbon tissue for strength and durability. I'm waiting for more tissue, so I will show the final assembly in the next post. Yes we do have Moose in Alaska!!

Does anyone have some good pics of a completed 21GT (and of an 45GT for that matter) that I can use for an news article on my webpage?

Ive seen a couple of complete boat pics on zippkits FB site (cleared boat with blue and red airbrushed flames), but those must have been deleted now.

Thanks in advance
default_smile.png

I stripped the paint on mine after the race last weekend....Fresh paint went on tonight. Clear will go on in a couple days and next day it will be back together. I can get some pics for you. PM me if u want to go over details. Great rigger!

Back