new project

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike I like to start the lay up with a thin fiberglass cloth(1 oz) and then enter with the two layers of 160g carbon fiber.Today I just glued the motor mount in the right position and plenty of space even for a 4092....view of the tub's botton where you can add a ski for heat race..Gill.

DSCN4001.JPG

DSCN4002.JPG

DSCN4000.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I 'm on the go with customers boats so haven't had too much time to work on my project but I could speed up the sponsons a little....this is the tricky part of this building as sponsons MUST be perfectly aligned and square with the botton.Tomorrow I will work on the tub and inttend to have the boat ready for the hardware next week.Gill

DSCN4004.JPG

Too late for this set but look up "joggle gasket" for molds. It will eliminate the aligment problem and the problem of getting joining tape in all the hard to reach areas! It is also very strong!!

Here is a video I found to give you an idea, about 30 sec in you will see him lay on a plexiglass joggle gasket on top of a mold.

http://vimeo.com/13433861

RC Groups Composite Fourm

Thanks Joe.I'm building five boats so slow progress is due to lot of work but I guess the first one will hit water in two weeks.Tyler I would love have it ready for this weekend.Sponsons have their bottons and now I will start to install hardware....pics soon.Gill

.......some more pics of the boat.I was not happy with the bracket of the rudder so I decided to mill one for better fit on the transom .The big SF300A fits good between the new motor a Leo 4092 1390kv and rudder servo With the increase in power I made a reinforcement on the motor mount .... just need to trim the excess in the upperside to allow the passage of wires and water line so now its time for small details(pushrod,water outlets,etc)....till now hull only weights 820grams.Tomorrow boat will be in the jig to check aligment and to attach sponsons .. Thanks Gill

DSCN4037.JPG

DSCN4038.JPG

DSCN4036.JPG

Tyler I don't plan to use a rear ski in this particular boat but it can be used for heat race.Actually the final weight I have is 1,78kg :hull,sponsons,booms,servo,motor,strut,rudder,stuffing box with flexshaft and fiber lid.My guess for this boat ready to run is 3,0kgs something that I consider good for the power of 5,7hp.Today I put everything together to verify the CG....I'm glad with the result and with some more little work she will be ready to go to the paint boot.Thanks Gill

Hi TG I've been working hard to finish customers boats so now I'm free to pay more attention to my boat.Painting is done and I will be putting everything together to have the boat ready for its maiden voyage till next weekend.I will be posting pics in the next days.

Thanks

Gill

just few pics.......she's looking nice........couldn't work too much today but I will have it ready soon.Gill

DSCN4057.JPG

DSCN4064.JPG

DSCN4067.JPG

just an hour to play with the "baby" but could install the rudder bracket.....hehe......had to go shopping with wife just to be in the safe side! :D

DSCN4072.JPG

...boat almost ready to go to water....just need to change the stock 4mm bullets for 6mm and charge the new batts.Gill

DSCN4078.JPG

DSCN4077.JPG

Latest posts

Back