New NAMBA Scale Chairman

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike McKnight

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that as of Friday I am the NAMBA Scale Chairman. I had noticed that the position has been open for a while and the the MHR hasn't been updated in some time either. I took some time away from the pond today to update the 1/8 scale MHR and I will have the NAMBA Webmaster upload it soon as I get it finished. If you need anything my contact info is on the NAMBA website and also my website. I held this position once before back in 2006-2008 but I was also the D9 District Director and a Co CD for the Nationals that year. I didn't have as much time to dedicate to it as I wanted. Now it's just scale which is what brought me into boating. Looking forward to helping in Scale again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent Mike, glad to see you in this position as you have a wealth of knowledge and a passion for scale hydro's.

I assume that's 10th scale also? may have to pm about some 10th scale stuff congrats Mike

Thanks guys! Yes Ron that does include 1/10 scale to a certain extent. The FE Scale classes I share responsibilities with David Newland the FE Chairman as well. In fact I have already talked with once already about a 1/10th scale issue that I wanted to get some clarification on.

probably the same question I had about the modern hull and the shaft exit from the boat ...straight or curved? I saw dave says he doesent want to get a rule change but that curved is fine with him.....just wondering on that one

Curved inside the hull, straight outside the hull.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I did have this discussion with David on Saturday because I did indeed get this question pretty quickly. According to Section 28 under the General Rules, it does state that the line from where shaft exits the hull and out through the strut must be straight. However, in the sub section for Modern it says any shaft may be used. In an attempt to keep things simple when the rules were written they may have bee a little too vague. The intent was that you would be able use a flex with a curved or articulated shaft tube. In conversations I've had with several folks in different parts of the country this is exactly what is happening. Now in the VIntage class there is no such stipulation so Vintage must follow the rule as it is in the General Rules section. It can be curved inside the hull but the rest should be straight. Not sure if everyone is doing it that way but those that I have talked to in the last few days are.

Mike, I saw that the MHR is missing almost all the dimensions on the 0706. I have several of the missing measurements if you want them

Latest posts

Back