New J.D. WOF 28

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riche

New J.D. WOF 28

My first tunnel just in time for the 4th!!!! I read J.D. will be gone for a while and probably will not get to read this post!!!! But I couldn't wait!!! Hope to get this one in the water soon!!!! I learned allot with this one and hope to improve on the next...

Thanks to J.D. for all the help. and Thanks to the Intlwaters gang for letting me eavesdrop on their posts!!!!

Richard Graeser

View attachment 2790

Just a word of caution Riche, If you decide to race that boat,, put some visable colors on the cowl and boat

so you can see it when it's stalled or upside down,,,Mostly So Other Racers Can See It.

Nice looking Job,,Jerry

Thanks for the advice Jerry. My wife wants some yellow and silver flames... Now you have given me a good reason to go to the graphics shop!!! I am not real sure If I am going to race. But it may help my driving skills out if I can see it better out there on the water.

I see J.D. is back I have to bump my post!!! Thanks again J.D. for the advise.

I haven't run it yet, But Bob the Fool helped me out with a steering arm and I think I may be close to getting it in the water in the next few weeks... I had to cut some corners in the radio/servo department though.

P.S. Thanks for the compliments guys. The blurry picture is helping hide my prep work!!! :blink: I will do things a little different next time!!!

Richard

Jerry Wyss's suggestion regarding some light colors is good. Under certain light conditions, dark colors just blend in with the water. There's a reason I paint my boats yellow - seems like I spend considerable time dead in the water and I want other drivers to see my boat :lol: !!!

Good work on your first WOF.

JD

o.k. o.k.,

It has been a while since I actually built the boat but I finally got to run it this weekend!!!!

the flex shaft broke on the second run. burrr...

Its was running good though, turning well and running true in the strait. The motor hasn't been run in a long time so the first run I had it a little fat. I leaned it out a little for the next run but the flex wouldn't hold.

It seemed like the motor wasn't opening up enough. Kinda like it was bogged a little

Is a X437 to big or was it b/c I had it running rich or should I change my prop height?

I think I am at 3/16 above the bottom of the sponsons

The reason the flex broke was probably b/c the guy I got my motor from ran it with an unbalanced prop.

I know b/c when I got the motor back from him I took the prop of and it was not even close to balance... I probably need a prop shaft.

Never the less It was allot of fun and I can't wait to get back out there when I find some money and get some parts.

Back