• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New CMB Distributor, North America

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don,I have "heard" that the new 21 Valvola is the only one that I am aware of that may be similar to the MAC.
Change the carb and anodize the jacket blue and it's a MAC.

CMB_Valvola_eclate.jpg
Yes as same one but except change ramped drum valve CCW also add flywheel and cone.. :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Valve system as far as I know was first produced by Rossi on the 90 DS years ago. Kalistratov himself won the Naviga world champs with one of these engines in 1986. I leant him the prop he won with. Then In Russia they had to use home built motors in their championships and that is where the Kalistratov motors were born. I still have one of the Rossi 90 DS it launced me onto the International racing scene it was a fantastic motor.

Ian Folkson

www.iansboats.co.uk

The Valve system as far as I know was first produced by Rossi on the 90 DS years ago. Kalistratov himself won the Naviga world champs with one of these engines in 1986. I leant him the prop he won with. Then In Russia they had to use home built motors in their championships and that is where the Kalistratov motors were born. I still have one of the Rossi 90 DS it launced me onto the International racing scene it was a fantastic motor.

Ian Folkson

www.iansboats.co.uk
I think the point being made here is not the origination of the intake style but rather the carbon copying of the MAC21. The CMB Valvola is being made from molds that belong to someone else ......... <_<

A cool bit of history from Ian though. :)

Ian Folkson

www.iansboats.co.uk
:eek: :ph34r: Hi Ian I am surprise that new 2 styles engines : New 45 Hydro with Valvola and Block91 for Hydro with valvola style induction Come Soon in Feb 2006 Do you have any pictures? tell me price? <_< thanks, Allan

HEY FOLKS;

everyone is getting off topic here.........................................

Tidewater will still be in business for over a year until Art desides on the actual time of his retirement from the company, at which time Tidewater will close their doors for good.

Stu WILL become the NEW CMB importer at that time.

and as for the molds for the MAC motors.................... you realy don't know the complete story behind the scenes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, enough said on that subject................

and Ian: i remember you lending Mr. K the prop in Ostiglia. still wish you had a bigger tank in your 21 rigger then. you would have cleaned everyones clock.

carl cisneros

Engines due this year not February. When I have a date I will get some pictures that is if I see CMB before they are launched

I would love to get back to Hydro racing one day so much to do and so little time.

Ian

and as for the molds for the MAC motors.................... you realy don't know the complete story behind the scenes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, enough said on that subject................
Wanna bet?? <_<

I do wish all the best for Stu. 2006 should prove real interesting in more ways than one. ;)

Thanks for all the positive comments, emails and pms. Don't forget about the price increase coming soon. Side note: Andy, if these are your molds, can you request them back? Send a pm, I don't think this needs any more public display. Thanks.

Thanks for all the positive comments, emails and pms. Don't forget about the price increase coming soon. Side note: Andy, if these are your molds, can you request them back? Send a pm, I don't think this needs any more public display. Thanks.
I actually had two green head valvola 21 motors in my boats before the MAC 21 was released. They came from England, and were sold in Europe prior to the MAC being released. The English distributor sent the direct rotation drums with the motors. Green or Blue, its a great engine. I've always run the CMB carbs on mine that came on the Valvola.

Engines due this year not February. When I have a date I will get some pictures that is if I see CMB before they are launched

I would love to get back to Hydro racing one day so much to do and so little time.

Ian
:ph34r: What about 67 and 80 with Valvola?

I actually had two green head valvola 21 motors in my boats before the MAC 21 was released. They came from England, and were sold in Europe prior to the MAC being released. The English distributor sent the direct rotation drums with the motors. Green or Blue, its a great engine. I've always run the CMB carbs on mine that came on the Valvola.
Bob,

I have in my possesion the very first test crankcase (unmachined) that was pulled from the MAC 21 mold for my inspection and approval. I was not satisfied with a couple of details and sent drawings back to CMB

with instruction for improvment.

This improved crankcase was used to build MAC 21's and , as big surprise to me, Valvola's at the same time.

80 Motor will probably finish when the 91 is done and there are no plans at the moment to change the 67 to my knowledge

Ian

Question; If CMB has the MAC molds and they are using the MAC 20 molds to build Valvolia motors what is stoping them from using the rest of the MAC molds to make a "Valvolia" 60 or 80?

That would be pretty low.

-Buck-

Question; If CMB has the MAC molds and they are using the MAC 20 molds to build Valvola motors what is stoping them from using the rest of the MAC molds to make a "Valvolia" 60 or 80?

That would be pretty low.

-Buck-
We have a winner ...................

80 Motor will probably finish when the 91 is done and there are no plans at the moment to change the 67 to my knowledge

Ian
Wait a second.......Is CMB designing and a small block 91 motor?

:ph34r:

-Buck-
To me, It doesn't look like CMB is designing anything! Looks like they are thieving!

I see unauthorized use of proprietary tooling and design.

There's a Federal law in this country that prohibits this sort of action.

As a business man,I don't like what I see.Probably cost them my business.I may be a small fish,but I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Looks like CMB is doing the Limbo.

HOW LOW CAN YOU GO! <_<

Ian
Wait a second.......Is CMB designing and a small block 91 motor?

:ph34r:

-Buck-
To me, It doesn't look like CMB is designing anything! Looks like they are thieving!

I see unauthorized use of proprietary tooling and design.

There's a Federal law in this country that prohibits this sort of action.

As a business man,I don't like what I see.Probably cost them my business.I may be a small fish,but I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Looks like CMB is doing the Limbo.

HOW LOW CAN YOU GO! <_<
:blink: If who pay $$$$$$ to approval" Patient" through Goverment so cant make copy right Really pain__s and make worst crazy in Federal Law.

:) On the lighter side, :D :D It looks like CMB jumped on the "Band Wagon" too. :D :D No Bull :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

Boy, I though all this crap about MAC & CMB was over, There is 2 sides to every story & only MAC & CMB know the truth. I hope all others just keep their mouth shut. I for one do not want to hear a bunch of half truths.

Don :angry:

Sorry Stu,

Didnt mean to steal your thread. Good luck with the new bizz.

:)

Back