New boat project

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topfuel443

Vendor
Hey guys, I had a feeling I wouldnt be able to resist the 20 tunnel bug for very long. I was browsing on Grimracers site and decided it was time for another tunnel boat. A very short time later, this showed up on my doorstep......

I will be taking pics as the build up takes place for heck of it and will post them as I go.

~ James

P.S. Mike, if its not obvious enough, the boat arrived today!! Thanks for such a quick delivery, I cant wait to jump on it!

:D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
KEWL!!!!! Think your gonna like that one James ;)

HEY wait a minute, I didn't get no T-Shirt in my box :blink: :p

He,He,

Gene :D

Nope, no free T-shirt or any of the other stuff on the lid. I ordered it all separately. I got too many grease stains on my old Power Surge shirt to wear it out in public....so the girlfriend says anyway.

The CD is basically the same stuff in the instruction booklet, just on a CD....

~ James

The CD includes a bunch of pictures with better clarity than what's in the instruction book. Really helped a lot to have these available.

Is it just me...or is that a cool picture...

Every time I get the opportunity to fill my buds needs with a boat kit...just gives me goose bumps that’s all.

Grimtheproudboatpapa

Ok guys here the first few pics of the build up...

exploded view of the kit.

Transom assy getting the squeeze treatment while the epoxy is drying.....on to the radio box....

Ok, I have to admit, this kit goes together EXTREMELY easy and smoothly. I kinda forgot to take pictures of the radio box assy because everything was flying together so well. But heres the basic finished product. Im gonna have to make myself slow down to get in some good pics. All I can say is this is yet another AWESOME product from you Mike. Very well constructed.

~ James

another shot of the two assy, from the bottom. A little sanding in the right areas and they will be completed.

Thats all till Sunday, got a big 1/8 buggy race tommorow......

~ James

Ok, well its been a few months since I last messed with any boats, and I got a little excited with this one, so I didnt take any build up pics..... :( ......But ITS DONE!!!

The west systems is curing as we speak.......hope to have it painted and rigged up by the end of next week. Ill take a few pics of it completed tomorrow....cant say enough about the quality of this kit! If you are considering tunnels, this is the one to get.

~ James

I would say 8-9 hours fairly easily on this one, probably quicker on the next one. You could easily do it in one long day. I was only able to work a couple hours a night this week.

~ James

Yes it is still in the makings as far as I know...

I did the graphics on the boat last night (gonna make it look like all of my rc cars), got it in the car with me this morning gonna take it to my pops house for the holiday so we can shoot the clear on it.....

~ James

Hey James,

Man nice progress, wont be long now till ya get that pup wet!!!! ;)

Rodney,

Mikie will continue to offer the Villain with the new Team Skull cowling for the stock class.

The Nemesis will be the mod class hull, its totally different than the Villain,

It was designed from the ground up for the newer high output powerheads.

Im sure he will have some more info about it soon,

Gene :D

all right guys heres the frst pics of the boat fresh out of the paint booth. I tried to go with the same design as my 1/8 race buggy. turned out ok i think :D

I have the engine ready to bolt up, just gotta go pick up my motor mount for it. then I can start the rigging process....

pic1

Hmmm... pics dont do the new SHINE any justice....must be the lighting (or lack of)

pic 2

Latest posts

Back