NEW BlackBird 21 G2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and there lies the problem LEFT LOL.. the boat won't blow off giving left but will rid up

MAKE SURE the fin is DEAD LEVEL.. DON'T LET IT BE DOWN AT THE BACK AND DON'T LET IT BE up at the back.. down is better than up.

if the fin is down.. it will lift.. if it is UP at the back i will plow and dig hard.

all of this is in the instructions as well

chris

make sure you have just a TINK of left in the rudder. chris
I use my Airtronic Super EXZES 2 sticks and set up -2 left for steering trim and Steering end point adjust EPA-R 55% and EPA-L 57% I have to learn trim down thottle about 65% for turn corner. I already set up adjust perfect shims for rear sponson mounts and only - 1 degree for turn fin

Thanks for info Best myself!

Last edited by a moderator:
end point adjustments is not the problem.. it is in which the SPEED OF THE RUDDER MOVES OFF OF CENTER POINT.. find your trims that allow you to slow it down.. not sure if it is call EXPO on yours or not.. slow down the speed of the rudder... endpoints won't fix the problem.

you can cut off the bottom of the fin if you like but i know what that will do and you won't like that at all. trust me i spent ALOT of time on fins and that works. just be patence and trim your boat.. if that was the first time out i would say you are a GREAT track for the first time out.. specially a win.

chris

end point adjustments is not the problem.. it is in which the SPEED OF THE RUDDER MOVES OFF OF CENTER POINT.. find your trims that allow you to slow it down.. not sure if it is call EXPO on yours or not.. slow down the speed of the rudder... endpoints won't fix the problem.

you can cut off the bottom of the fin if you like but i know what that will do and you won't like that at all. trust me i spent ALOT of time on fins and that works. just be patence and trim your boat.. if that was the first time out i would say you are a GREAT track for the first time out.. specially a win.

chris
Chris yes I looked my radio the EXPONENTIAL for Steer. :huh: Would you tell me how much of +/- percent? I didn't cut on fin yet. Let me know Allan :)

take what ever you have it at now.. cut it down by 25-45% if that is TO MUCH then back up from there

let me know if that works

chris
Chris yes I looked my radio the EXPONENTIAL for Steer. :huh: Would you tell me how much of +/- percent? I didn't cut on fin yet. Let me know Allan :)
Allan,

You want to reduce the steering servo speed and the dual rate setting. Exponential just changes the response of the servo in relationship to the movement you make with the stick from a linear response to an adjustable curve.

I wouldn't use Exponential at all. It will make your driving very jerky. I would just turn Exponential off and you will be much happier with it.

Guys,

Allan is just not used to a great turning boat.

Allan turn the rudder input down, it will still turn.

The turnfin is just faster than you are used to.

Looks Like A Winner,

Mark Sholund
I didn't touch cut rudder but Chris and Steve already cut set up measure strut w/rudder assembly thats why!
alan,it's like that on purpose. you were warned it will turn with very,very, minimal rudder input. it will turn on a dime and give you 11 cents change. leave it alone.cut your travel down. notice how it accerlates through the turn!
Welcome to the world of a great turning .21 Hydro, First time I ran mine I was all over the coarse, left, right , back again. When guys look at my rudder throw, they say, your kiddin me , it turns with that little throw!

Yes it does, and picks up speed in the corners! Need to learn how to set up radio and how to drive it!! It will be faster than changing the boat to your driving style!

take what ever you have it at now.. cut it down by 25-45% if that is TO MUCH then back up from there

let me know if that works
Hi Chris I changed adjust -25% for expo" steering" It is good working so leave on turn fin Great thanks your info :) B)

Allan,

Was that your boat that hit the shore in Edmonton this past weekend? Any damage?

Al Hobbs

He did not hit the shore Al, but it was real close, very cool blow off. He was pushing, trying to catch the 10 year old Ninja, but could not. :lol:
"LIKE"
HAHA The weather was awful high windy in Edmonton. I can't turn full trottle so just only half trottle and my boat flew out three time. No damaged my boat :p I will do to race in calgary next May 28/29

better buy the jae. like duck says
Where did I say "Buy a JAE?" I said it looked like a JAE......got quite the reaction from that one too...... :p

They are all good boats..... Martin just has his Ninja dialed in right now and its almost unbeatable. The Jae's are good boats and cheap too. From what I have seen of Allans BB, it runs well, is fast, but all the 3 mentioned will win the race on any given day. It was just soooo bloody windy last weekend that even a kite would have been grounded...... :blink:

Yeah, it was windy in Las Vegas this past weekend also. When the water gets that rough it all comes down to who gets lucky going around the course.

Al Hobbs

Back