NEW BlackBird 21 G2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Chris!

Here is another G2 all the way from Sweden, had my first test yesterday and the spped and cornering was great. I think I have a little bit to much negative angle on the strut that i will fix before next run and a little to much lift on the right sponson, maybe some adjustment to the turnfin.

1369799411_p2035068637_1080x720.jpg

Thanks Chris for a great boat well worth the money!!!!

Regards

Stefan Adolfsson

Sweden

Hi Chris!

Here is another G2 all the way from Sweden, had my first test yesterday and the spped and cornering was great. I think I have a little bit to much negative angle on the strut that i will fix before next run and a little to much lift on the right sponson, maybe some adjustment to the turnfin.

Regards

Stefan Adolfsson

Sweden
Stefan "BE COOL" picture B) what kind of engine 21 and what size of prop? Chris told me that built only 10 boats Sold in any where Canada, USA and Europe this year

Hi Chris!

Regards

Stefan Adolfsson

Sweden
use the set up gauge that came with the kit to set the strut. i can see by the picture that it's way off

Hi Allan, The engine i use on this boat is a Picco P7-R .21 Marine Its new for this season and i think it has a great potential... I think at this test its a 1445 prop i do have some other props to test and will let you know how the tests are progressing..

Hi Steve, this was the first test and i have changed the angle on the strut hopefully there will be some testing this afternon gonna try to get some pics and let you know how it works...

Thanks for your help!!

Stefan

Stefan,

Try some 1450's on it, the 1445 is too small for that set up.

We have had good luck with 3.60" cup to 4.09" cup depending on

motor and pipe combinations. Contact Jorgen Andersson

he will have some propellers that will work GREAT with

that boat. There should be no bugs to work out. 1450's

and let her run. :D

Nice Boat,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
hi stefan

yes use the guage that was sent with the boat to set the strut.. it is designed specially for that boat.. you have WAY to much in it just from that pic.

thank you for the kind words and i appriciate it.

glad some people understand all the hard work that goes into these things.

keep me posted on your testing

also as mark stated.. once you get the bugs worked out step to the 1450

keep me posted

chris

Hi Chris,

I think i got the strut in the right angle now and i have a lot of props from Mark Sholund to try. 2 different 1445 and H-6 and H-7 and 1450, it was the 1450 i was running during the first test when i took a closer look!!!

I can tell you that i had to pay another 125$ in tax here in Sweden and still think its worth every single dollar!!! lol..

Keep up the god work Chris and i will let you know how the testing progress and next weekend its time for the first race!!!

Stefan

Hi Mark,

I have some props from you that Jörgen helped me to get, both for outboard and outriggers so i think its up to me to get the right setup and chose the right prop.

The new Picco engine seems to run realy well. More testing and some adjustments and we are home safe, i hope.....

Thanks for the help.

Stefan

Hi Allan, The engine i use on this boat is a Picco P7-R .21 Marine Its new for this season and i think it has a great potential... I think at this test its a 1445 prop i do have some other props to test and will let you know how the tests are progressing..
I did run ABC H-4 and H-6 but fair so changed use prop 1445 cup 3.9" Best of one fast I did change 1650 cut 45mm but too fast really scar cheers Allan B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I did run ABC H-4 and H-6 but fair so changed use prop 1445 cup 3.9" Best of one fast I did change 1650 cut 45mm but too fast really scar cheers Allan B)
too fast! now you're just toying with us,right?

stefan

your turn fin is down to much at the back.. when you look at the bottom of the boat from the side make sure that the bottom of the fin is DEAD LEVEL with the BOTTOM OF THE BOAT. if it is down at the back it will lift like you see in the pic

chris

Hi Chris,

I was almost sure that it was like that but i wantet to do one thing at the time to see the difference and learning to understand the boat and what different changes does....

Thanks for the help and new pics with the changes will get here as soon as i have time to do some more testing.

Stefan

no problem stefan

if you get a chance to shoot some video that would be great also

keep me posted

chris

Another test today that went wrong!!! short of time and an engine that idnt wanna run... my wife still was able to get a couple of shots. the plan was to get a couple of wideos as well but I managed to blow away the cowl in the middle of the lake and that was the end of that test..

Feel free to look at the pics on www.kamarell.com/nilac/

Here is one that maybe is a bit unusual for this forum where everyone shows how fast the boat is.... just after leaving my hand.

1369799411_p1644507884_1080x720.jpg

Back