Need to vent!!!!!!!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again if you payed by paypal file a claim before the time runs out on you----if the item DOES show up you can retract the claim and he will still get his money just gives you the insurance so your not getting screwed --- if he dont have the cash in his account paypal will give him a negative balance and every penny he takes into that account will be going to pay off what he owes---on the flip side of that dont screw the guy, im not on either end of the deal as is anyone else here but the seller should supply a customs number at the very least as that comes FREE with every customs form

Be patient boys. I saw some tv footage the other night which showed the amount of parcels going through customs daily, and add Xmas mail and it is chaos. There is so much stuff being purchased from overseas at the mo because of the dollar situation that the govt is going to charge gst (tax) to deter people from buying from overseas.I would tread carefully for a few weeks b4 naming someone as it may not be their fault. It is more likely the fault of Aussie customs.

I have sent packages to AUS via USPS priority mail many times. I can tell you guy's this. They all had tracking and the all left the USA within 2 days. Then there is nothing for tracking info for anywhere from a week to over a month. I have had customers get there package in as little as a week and as long as 1.5 months. Who knows what is going on in AUS customs?

Gaday Guys

There is no issue here with any taxes or duty $$$ in my or Grubs case as in Australia anything under $1000 dosnt get inport tax or duty fees .

the thing that makes it suss is that both Grubs and i were told after the sale was done and dusted and over due items that when we requested a tracking numbers we both have been told the bullshit that you cant get one .so if Grubs been waiting for 2-3 years and been in contact with the seller several time with no out come it ant looking good for me .also would you say Grubs items have been held up in the xmass rush for 2-3 years i dont think so im can see a patern here :angry: Brad

Last edited by a moderator:
I've known Brad for about 20 years (since Oran Park days in Sydney) and he is a good guy.

I've met and drank with many people from Intlwaters over the years and thats why I trust a lot of you guys. It was kinda my fault for letting this drag on for so long but what can I do, I'M ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD. But to see someone else have exactly the same problem is not right. I don't care about my money, I thought it was long gone ages ago but when it happens to your mate as well, it gets me fired up.

Guys, a little reading material.

1 Oct 2007

Ordered via email and paid US$404 (AU$464 at the time) via Paypal

Sent 14 November 2007 - 12:07 AM

I'm hoping I can have that stuff out to you in the next couple of weeks.

I had to take a break from boat stuff for a bit as I was making the transition after I sold my commercial graphics business. I'm just not starting to get bakc to normal.

Sent 25 February 2008 - 10:32 AM

I have some done already just waiting on some clear vinyl so I can finish the rest.

Dec 12 2008 08:03 AM

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=30100

Sent 20 December 2008 - 12:05 AM

Sorry I've had to be ultra focused on work and been hard to get a hold of. I'll send the decals since most of them are already done I just have a a couple to do on one set. Too much of it is done to send a refund or I would just do that.

Sent 23 June 2009 - 09:34 PM

I sent them shortly after we last spoke. I will check with USPS since I had a delivery confirmation tag on the package.

Sent 30 June 2009 - 11:10 PM

Last message I got from USPS is that they have not been able to track it ever leaving customs. If they cannot find them in the next day or so I will do another set and ship them FedEx or UPS. I had this happen with a package coming to me from Canada once. Sorry

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:03 AM

Grub your stuff was sent long ago. I never got any kind of message after they were sent that they were not received. My email address has not changed and I have always been available on IW. Unfortunately the delivery confirmation option USPS offers doesn't work on international shipments. PM and I will fix the problem.

This is the only correspondence I had from him. Delayed me in the beginning so that I couldn't make a Paypal claim, and never told me when they were shipped, just that I sent them a while ago.

I've known Brad for about 20 years (since Oran Park days in Sydney) and he is a good guy.

I've met and drank with many people from Intlwaters over the years and thats why I trust a lot of you guys. It was kinda my fault for letting this drag on for so long but what can I do, I'M ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD. But to see someone else have exactly the same problem is not right. I don't care about my money, I thought it was long gone ages ago but when it happens to your mate as well, it gets me fired up.

Guys, a little reading material.

1 Oct 2007

Ordered via email and paid US$404 (AU$464 at the time) via Paypal

Sent 14 November 2007 - 12:07 AM

I'm hoping I can have that stuff out to you in the next couple of weeks.

I had to take a break from boat stuff for a bit as I was making the transition after I sold my commercial graphics business. I'm just not starting to get bakc to normal.

Sent 25 February 2008 - 10:32 AM

I have some done already just waiting on some clear vinyl so I can finish the rest.

Dec 12 2008 08:03 AM

http://www.intlwater...showtopic=30100

Sent 20 December 2008 - 12:05 AM

Sorry I've had to be ultra focused on work and been hard to get a hold of. I'll send the decals since most of them are already done I just have a a couple to do on one set. Too much of it is done to send a refund or I would just do that.

Sent 23 June 2009 - 09:34 PM

I sent them shortly after we last spoke. I will check with USPS since I had a delivery confirmation tag on the package.

Sent 30 June 2009 - 11:10 PM

Last message I got from USPS is that they have not been able to track it ever leaving customs. If they cannot find them in the next day or so I will do another set and ship them FedEx or UPS. I had this happen with a package coming to me from Canada once. Sorry

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:03 AM

Grub your stuff was sent long ago. I never got any kind of message after they were sent that they were not received. My email address has not changed and I have always been available on IW. Unfortunately the delivery confirmation option USPS offers doesn't work on international shipments. PM and I will fix the problem.

This is the only correspondence I had from him. Delayed me in the beginning so that I couldn't make a Paypal claim, and never told me when they were shipped, just that I sent them a while ago.
Gaday Guys

i just got told this same thing as well . :angry: your stuff was sent long ago <_<

Best quote about the whole situation was Mike Schindler many moons ago

"15 months ah you should have them tomorrow!"

I can only laugh now, and to be honest I had almost forgotten about it.

It seems the absolute most trouble from shipping out of the states is things going to Australia (its not the people to blame its the system and distance its going so don't be taking to much offense to this), ive shipped to Brazil, the UK, hong kong, china, canada, and a lot of other places in the world and the only place Ive had major shipping delays or issues has been Australia- (ive shipped down there several times with no trouble also) --every time the customer has received what they bought But with these delays usually comes headaches and hoop jumping, emails, paypal claims, etc ---and people abroad wonder why so many people wont ship to them--- these are some of the reasons along with various other reasons.

It seems the absolute most trouble from shipping out of the states is things going to Australia (its not the people to blame its the system and distance its going so don't be taking to much offense to this), ive shipped to Brazil, the UK, hong kong, china, canada, and a lot of other places in the world and the only place Ive had major shipping delays or issues has been Australia- (ive shipped down there several times with no trouble also) --every time the customer has received what they bought But with these delays usually comes headaches and hoop jumping, emails, paypal claims, etc ---and people abroad wonder why so many people wont ship to them--- these are some of the reasons along with various other reasons.
But were they really shipped? That is the question. Apparently, according to him, two packages of decals were sent to me and I never got either.

A twin roadrunner via USPS arrived within 5 days only a month ago. Are there really issues with customs or postage services????

Anyway if there is a problem, Australian Customs has always contacted me if there was a problem, by mail or phone.

But were they really shipped? That is the question. Apparently, according to him, two packages of decals were sent to me and I never got either.
I cant answer for the seller BUT being a seller and having seen the situation before (nothing related to this) IF things were shipped and didnt get there the first time and by some odd strike of lightning it happened that a replacement was shipped and didnt get there where does it end--the seller can not keep shipping things as he dont know if the buyer is taking advantage so is the seller going to refund the money --he would then be out 2 items plus 1 extra shipping charge and now a refund (large loss at times)on the other hand the buyer is just out the initial first purchase ( the bad thing is both buyer and seller can feel like they are being screwed and it may really be neither of their faults) BUT these are things only the buyer and seller can decide where to go with--

On the sellers defense he may not have known that the customs number on the receipt could be used to track a package and tossed it thinking the deal was done and over with also may not have known that the original copy of the customs form is kept on file at the post office for a time (think its 2 or 3 months)--if the seller know's the date(simple tracking the payment or emails down to find this date) it was shipped the post office may be able to track down the paperwork--- BUT it is the responsibility of the seller to hang onto this information just in case something like this happens

Being on the outside of this looking in I or anyone else cant judge who is right or wrong --only the original players can do that--the person your dealing with ive chatted with several times over the last few years and seems to be a stand up guy (at least I believe its the same person lol)

I really hope everyone involved can get things worked out-- truly I do this kind of thing hurts sellers and buyers both in future dealings with anyone else--Tons of trust is involved buying/selling over the net -- TONS

My experiences.

Been receiving parcels of boat stuff from the US for many years. 99% of them have been good transactions. Generally USPS air gets here in 2 weeks. Sometimes it's been 4, sometimes less than a week. Had a pretty good success rate with USPS. On one case the parcel went missing within the US and eventually got returned to the sender.

I had a used O/B motor sent once by FEDEX, and while it got here - they held my parcel to ransom until I paid them tax and a fee that was almost as much as the item itself. Despite me proving that the item was used and under $1K therefore EXEMPT, they would not release the item until I paid for it. That was the absolute last time I use FEDEX.

I had a parcel not show up from a MAJOR online retailer in the US. After waiting the timeframe they advised (45 days) I contacted them and they gave me what I think they called an "airway bill number" or something like that. I then contacted Australia Post who were able to advise that me that the parcel never even entered the country. Contacted the supplier again, who subsequently gave me a refund but then said any future orders must go FEDEX or UPS. I can understand that from their side, but it's too cost prohibitive when it costs 90 bucks to ship a $50 item. Needless to say I don't buy directly from that retailer any more which is a shame.

Again, just wanted to say that 99% of my dealings have been just fine. Maybe I'm lucky, don't know. Never been described as lucky for anything else!

Merry Xmas everyone!

Gaday Guys

well here is anouther way to look at it .

I payed with paypal and the extra fee as well to know that the seller got him fundes ok .

Now i was quoted a shipping price of $20USD if i had a customer spending $330 USD or $440 USD with me i would send with a tracking number even insurance if you know that other items you sent in the past had gone a loss as what i have just found out has happend before with other guys on here to know the items are safe .

Like i have just bought a set of tires for a 1/4 scale car from Texas That cost me $24USD for the shipping now thats a large box and it had tracking & insurance for the amount of $150 just a comparasion and they are here in less time than the 3x items im waiting for now .Brad

Brad what decals are you looking for
Gaday Mike

Hows things happy new years mate .

well what i brought but havent turned up yet as i sit here to write this but have ment to have been sent with insuransce against loss ive just been

told was was.

2x Off Miss Circus Circus sets

1x Off Miss Madison set

2x Off Miss Budweiser sponson decals REPLACMENTS (Free no charge )

Brad

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok let's end the suspense right here and now this thread is about me. I didn't see this until just last night and I have been steaming about this and was not going to even respond until I got back to the office on Tuesday but my blood pressure is up is forcing me to respond right now.

Justin, if you want to call someone out then do it. Don't be vague and let people guess just do it. I sent you the first order. You come back to me some time later and tell me it never arrived. So I did another and sent it again at MY EXPENSE since USPS had a rather lengthy process of getting first one refunded to me. After that I had gotten out of boating and stopped doing graphics all together for close to two years. But I have always been here. You have had my email address and you could have PMed me but I got NOTHING. You know people I know...you could have contacted them to get a hold of me but still nothing. When I started doing graphics again a little over a year ago you suddenly pop up and post on a thread that I still have not sent your graphics. Are you kidding me? Now you want to get up here and start a vent about what a dirtbag I am and not even name me directly? I AM RIGHT HERE! I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN RIGHT HERE! If you want a resolution to your problem I will make you new sets of everything you ordered but at this point if you want it shipped with point to point tracking you will have to pay the difference in what it will cost to get that service. At this point since so much time has passed a refund is completely out of the question but I will do what I can to make good on the dollar amount you spent. You can PM me here or you can email me or call me all my info is on my website that is common knowledge. But I will not respond to any more of this garbage on the boards.

Now Brad I have been in constant contact with you all along. I even came in here at 8am on New Year's Day to scan the customs receipt and sent it to you in a PDF file just to confirm the customs number I already gave you and to show you there is no tracking number on the receipt. I have repeated to you over and over exactly what I was told by USPS about the fact that they DO NOT TRACK Priority International Flat Rate. Especially the LARGE ENVELOPE and SMALL BOX. Yours was shipped in the SMALL BOX. USPS claims 7-10 business days but you were contacting me about nothing arriving before the 10 business days was even up. I have also told you that I have had issues before where they have taken over a month and that was to Canada which is right next door not across the Pacific Ocean. You say you've gotten other packages from the states in between the time I sent mine and that they had tracking. I don't have an answer for that. All I can say is that they must not have shipped Priority International.

I have already spent nearly two hours on the phone with USPS trying to get to the bottom of this with your order. The on hold time has been ridiculous. I already told you I will call them again on Tuesday and get on their case in a major way. There is no way that they cannot have some way of finding out where the hell this package is. But as I told you in the email I sent you I am not going to start another order and then have the first one suddenly arrive and then get stuck with the second until I know what has happened. Especially since I have had long wait times before. I am not trying to stiff you and never said I wouldn't make it right. If I was such a jerk I wouldn't have offered to re-do the Miss Budweiser deck decals that were purchased by someone else and were damaged when they were shipped to you. I didn't have to do that at no charge but I did.

Now it's my turn to vent. I spent a ton of time drawing up these graphics sets and I don't do it because I make a ton of money at it. I do it because I enjoy it. I do it because enjoy helping guys make killer looking boats. How it runs it up to you. I do my best to make these sets as accurate as possible with whatever research materials I have or acquire. It is not a full time job for me and it does even compete dollarwise to my day job. But I do it because I know there are a lot of guys that want the boat to be just like the real one. There are at least two other guys that do decals that you can buy from and I will tell you this....I've had to deal with more headaches cleaning up the other guys' screw ups this past year than I care to mention. I didn't have to but I did because I give a **** about this hobby or sport or whatever you want to call it.

But unlike some classless pro athletes I don't run and hide when my reputation and my character are attacked. I will get right up in your face and you need to either deal with me or walk away and shut your mouth. If I were trying to stiff either of you I wouldn't have stepped up here and responded at all. I would have just run and hid and let you talk all the smack you want.

Now.....I'm going to go take my blood pressure meds....have a drink and a nice dinner and try to enjoy the rest of my New Year's Day.

I think that about does it for this thread folks. Let's have you guys work it out privately via e-mail and p/m please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back