Need help to find some pics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickTomsett

Supporting Member
Hi all I'm looking for some pics of the 1996 U-2 Molson Jack Hammer and allso the 1998 U-2 Miss Molson. I can not find any pics so if any one can help me out that would be grate. links to the pics would also be nice. I'm not to good with the computer so any help would help me out. I'm so bad I do not know how to send a text :D

Thanks for any help

Rick

"1996 U-2 Molson Jack Hammer and also the 1998 U-2 Miss Molson."

Hey Rick,

Master Hull Roster shows both of these paint schemes were on the MHR hull number 9302. I don't believe I have ever seen pics of these schemes. CHEERS !!! Bob

Hey Rick,

Master Hull Roster shows both of these paint schemes were on the MHR hull number 9302. I don't believe I have ever seen pics of these schemes. CHEERS !!! Bob
Thanks I had found that but like you said no pics. I have the hull 9302 and was looking for a paint scheme. was hoping some one from Washington St or B.C. might have a pic or 2 from a race.is the 9302 close to the 9399 ??

Thanks for any help

Rick

Hey Rick,

Thanks I had found that but like you said no pics. I have the hull 9302 and was looking for a paint scheme. was hoping some one from Washington St or B.C. might have a pic or 2 from a race.is the 9302 close to the 9399 ??

Thanks for any help

Rick
Rick, Paul Omerzu might have a pic. We were down in kelowna in 96 when the boat was there. I have the 96 Kelowna Molson thunderfest program but I only see one picture in there. Looks like it was all black. I don't know if it ran or not. We were crewing on the U-14 and the smokin joe was right beside us. I was more interested in the smokin joe than anything else..... Pauls email is [email protected]

Hey Rick,

Thanks for any help

Rick
Rick, Paul Omerzu might have a pic. We were down in kelowna in 96 when the boat was there. I have the 96 Kelowna Molson thunderfest program but I only see one picture in there. Looks like it was all black. I don't know if it ran or not. We were crewing on the U-14 and the smokin joe was right beside us. I was more interested in the smokin joe than anything else..... Pauls email is [email protected]
Thanks Rob

Rick

Hey Rick,

Thanks for any help

Rick
Thanks Rob

Rick

Rick unlimitedsdetroit.com has a great photo database not sure if what your looking for is there but worth a try

Hey Rick,

Thanks for any help

Rick
To answer the question about the 9302 and 9399, they are nothing alike. The 9399 was a Leland conventional hull, the 9302 was a Jones twin wing, similar the the 94 Bud T4 hull. What I can tell you is that the 9302 was black and yellow with thin red stripes, but beyond that.......................

Here's the 9302's paint job under a different sponsor:

http://www.newtonmarine.com/plan_details.php?prodId=416&category=5

Here's what I could find to compare it to on the 9399:

http://www.newtonmarine.com/plan_details.php?prodId=435&category=5

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Guys What I have is the MHZ 54" hydro they call it the Trendwest so I looked it up and it said it was Hull 9302. so I was looking for pics of the Molson or molson jackhammer but still no luck. not sure mybe MHZ calls it the Trendwest but it might be closer to something els ???? did not think it would be this hard to find a pics of it lol

again any help would be nice and thanks for the input so far :D

Rick

What you could try is go on tom9ace video site he has races from that time you may see it running in a heat. Just another thought.

If it was a tri hull Black Yellow and red strips it was the T-Plus..Look for that in the hull Roster..

I have a video of the 1996 race with the 1996 U-2 Molson Jack Hammer but they didn't show any good closeups of the boat. Sadly Steve had the Bud and Pico every heat and they got all the coverage. Lots of Smokin Joe's coverage also.

I have a video of the 1996 race with the 1996 U-2 Molson Jack Hammer but they didn't show any good closeups of the boat. Sadly Steve had the Bud and Pico every heat and they got all the coverage. Lots of Smokin Joe's coverage also.
Hi. I looked in your link but did not see it could you help me out. I called Molson to day and they said they would look but they said any thing after 2000 is not good.

STILL LOOKING LOL

Rick

Hi. I looked in your link but did not see it could you help me out. I called Molson to day and they said they would look but they said any thing after 2000 is not good.

STILL LOOKING LOL

Rick
I don't have a link to a video, I bought a dvd off Ebay of ESPN's telecast of the race. Not crystal clear but good. Never showed a good deck shot the whole race.

YOUTUBE!!! Why didn't I think of that. The quality of the dvd I have is similar.

Did you checkout the final for that race? Really good! (not a good shot of the Molson but a great final)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back