Namba Rules for 05 Nats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRUCKPULL

I have a question on the NAMBA rules.

Could somebody point me to the page that talks about the Dead Boat Rules ?????

Or what the exact rules are going to be in regard to Dead Boats.

Also changing of lanes between bouy 5 and the start line.

Larry

Page 69, RACE FORMAT 2a6:All boats coming from the right turn at the start of the race will adhere to the five second rule.

Page 36, D. Clock Time 2c is referred to as the "five second rule". During the last five seconds of the mill boats passing the buoy marking the end of the mill must steer a straight course.

Nothing is stated about passing a certain buoy, but obviously if the right turn has five buoys, then after passing the last (fifth) buoy all boats must maintain a straight course...meaning staying in their own lane.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason why the rule says coming from the right hand turn and five seconds is because that is the approach to the S/F line and the start of the race.

If you were going into the right hand turn with five seconds left to the start, you would not have to hold a lane......unless there was another boat next to you and then the standard rules of racing and holding lanes then applies.

If you are the only boat coming down for the start with 5 seconds left on the start clock, and you do not hold your "lane" whether it be a straight line or a turn, the CD should call you for a penalty. After all, the only reason you would not be holding your lane is because you are trying to scrub time off the clock to avoid a jump start.

In the NAMBA rule book, there are four turns not two. I have heard announcing in years past back east call the turns one through four. On the west coast, you will hear turn one (the left turn) and turn two (the right turn) with them being described at enter, point, and exit.

The best thing to do is to rely on the communication of your pit man no matter what terminology the CD uses. A good pit man will always see a dead boat before a CD can announce it.

.................. and hitting a "called dead boat" is a DQ and zero points for that heat.

........ check with the race committee of the Nats but its a pretty good bet that the above will be what you will see.

Al Waters

NAMBA Vice President

NAMBA Scale Unlimited Chairman

Al, I was incorrect about the number of turns, sorry for the confusion. On what exact page and section did you find the dead boat rule, that was the original question.......thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Larry,

I know why you ask about the dead boat issue. I think the key is "called dead boat". That boat that gave you greif last year was not a dead boat and should have been considered accordingly. hind sight. The antics you experienced at MC5 will not be tolerated. Not too worry.

Technically, there is no rule number called the "dead boat rule". It is a phrase used by Contest Director's signifying that there is a boat that has died in the water, it has been announced............and do not hit it.

Page 25 which discusses Driver Infractions probably covers it the best. You will notice that the rules of racing are just that..........racing........ You will see rules of infractions based on boats that are running and the one lap penalties that can occur. Rather than rules of racing of boats that are not running.

Any boat that has hit a called dead boat, or a boat that was announced by the CD as not running any longer is considered to be operating in an unsafe manner as in S.1

S.2.B dicusses a serious nature infraction endangering other boats. That can be interpreted as far as someone who is purposely driving all over the course cutting off everyone which means that he can be eliminated from the event.

According to the rules of racing, taking out a live running boat is reason for a DQ in that heat and no points awarded. You can assume or surmise (without clogging up the rule book with every scenario) that if hitting a live running boat and taking it out is a DQ, hitting a dead boat is worse but the same penalty would apply.

The words Called Dead Boat came to be because there were boaters who would hit a dead boat that died just in front of them and there was no way to avoid it. If the CD has time to announce the dead boat, that was the signal that everyone has been foreworned. Hitting it now will be a DQ.

Al Waters

NAMBA Vice President

NAMBA Scale Unlimited Chairman

Latest posts

Back