My TS3 experience!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Krogness

Alright after my wife accidentaly ordered a VS1 and had to waite 2 weeks for them to send me a TS3 in return.... I got her going tonight!!!! It ran verry well nose up a bit on the straights and down a bit on the corners. I will add, no bounce in the corners like the TS2!!!! I didn't see the speed I was loopking for but I'm no expert at setting up boats..... With all that said I need a little help.....

My setup is this... TS3 with a mod TT, carbon pipe and a 637X prop set at 1/8 above sponsons and pin set with a little lift running no extra weight at all... I'm just not sure I have her at the right setting... On the straights the boat had about 1'' in the water... It was way to easy to handle this boat so help me get her on the edge with any ideas... Thanks Kevin...

Last edited by a moderator:
if there was only 1 inch in the water on the straights, ide say its pretty good. setup wise. Was the motor getting on the pipe? Or is it a sport motor? Might need to slowly creep that need in and lean it out.

if there was only 1 inch in the water on the straights, ide say its pretty good. setup wise. Was the motor getting on the pipe? Or is it a sport motor? Might need to slowly creep that need in and lean it out.
Not sure I'll read the other thread to figure that out... LOL it's a mod and no it was not on pipe... I leaned her out and didn't like how lean it seemed.... It has a OS 20j carb and the high speed was only out 1 and 1/4 turns and little bit affraid to go lower then that cause she won't lag out of the water on my starting stand any lower then that... Should I richen the low speed???

Last edited by a moderator:
kevo,,,the plug tells all buddy,,,read that puppy,,,did you put that other button on i sent?? did it seem to lose any bite in the corners?? you might wanna try a touch higher with the engine..

the low speed wont make a difference at w.o.t,,, watch ur plugs boss,, nice gray wire with a nice caramel color to the plug face...keep leanin on it till it starts to create this color scheme...

ac

oh by the way,,that gadgy pipe isnt much of a torque monster,,,but will sing some high rpm...

I'll have some videos on youtube in a bit.... Almost lost Gadgy...... Ran real good at times but need to do some more tilt and height adjustments!!!!! Last video was when she was flying literally!!!!!! I'll post a couple links in a bit!!!!!

kev,,,when the boat comes in,, is there heat in the engine???? its for sure not reving to its potential... be sure to check for heat build in the engine,,, if it doesnt build heat you will have a hell of a time gettin it on the pipe...

ac

Second Video and yes Alden this on had lots of heat... I had several runs that I havent posted yet but will tomorrow of her running but this was the fastest she ran and when I almost lost Gadgy...... I'm designing a system to prevent that right now..... Well here it is running on rails!!!!!!!! Sorry about the camera guy was not his cam so didn't get the best vid.....

yes yes,,, you are almost there... see how it jumps on pipe??? thats how it should sound in the straights... your getting closer boss... from what it showed when on the pipe,, you will be needing some wieght..lol...

i know,,,with all the adjustments it gets frustrating,, but you are working towards your goal... one day at a time buddy..

ac

Notice how it comes on like that in the corner??? Is that cause I have to much lift and need to level it out some... Or should I hang some weight on the nose to try this??? Thanks Alden.

lighten up the pin angle a touch,,,, so it doesnt dive and cavitate,,,just a hair now... take 4 oz. to start with and get it on the nose of the boat,,that is a good starting point i would say... the wieght on the nose beleive it or not will help keep the engine up out of the water more than with out wieght.. plus like i said whe that thing steps up,,, your gonna need it,,, that is a blow over waitin to happen right there... then i know it sounds crazy,,, but go higher... you have to remember the tt is naturally heavier than the o.s xm,, and set up will be exceptionally different...

ac

I might try some weight first... As of right now the prop is 5/16ths with a little lift Maybee to much lift.... Just might get some nav lights on her and go out tonight!!!!! I'm addicted now and can't sleep...... Hope your happy Alden with what you have created:)!!!!!!!

lmao... :lol: ... too funny... make sure you put some lights on the bottom... :blink: :lol: ... you wont see the deck lights to well when they are under water.... :lol:

Back