My Sport 20 build for the 2016 season! "Whiplash"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Blevins

Here is my Blazer Marine Whiplash. Still work to do but here is how its currently setting. Major props goes out to my close friend and builder Mike Starrett. This guy knows a thing or 2 about building and im glad to be able to learn from him! So much knowledge to try and soak up! Engines are my thing... not building... and as soon as we started or i should say HE started building this boat i realized it even more lol. I have A LOT to learn on the building aspect and im thankful for having such a great mentor to help me out that has the patience to take time out and teach me a thing or two!

My whiplash sport 20 boat almost completed!.jpg

Adam,

Looks great buddy, I am in the finishing process of a 40 size Whiplash as well, almost ready for paint. These Whips with the right setup in the right hands are a beast. Post more pics along the way.

Beau

All my boats base color are white so doing the same with this one. Im not sure what other color or colors we will put on it... Mike will be painting it so i will leave some of that up to him. And when he reads this will probably be thinking... ugh white is boring.
default_laugh.png

I will post updates as we do more to it. But i believe the next step is to paint it and its going to have to warm up a bit for that. Unless i show up with a heater..... maybe
default_biggrin.png

White looks very good and goes with any scheme,repairing easier and very easy to see,I've tried colors,pretty but not always a good thing on a race boat

Very true David! We are going simple with the paint schemes this year for those facts u just stated. The last thing i want is for someone to not see my boat and hit it after so many hours were put into building it, setting it up etc.

Choosing the wrong colors can mean death to a boat. Even white, under the wrong lighting conditions, can be almost invisible to others when a boat is just floating in the water.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Mike threw some clear on it yesterday for me so thought id share a pic. Really happy with the way this boat turned out! Simple race paint jobs look great to me and are much easier to fix if or i should say when u get hit
default_wink.png
Now to get it finished and on the water!!

Sport%2020%20painted%20with%20clear%20coat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam,

Turned out bad ass, white is a great color easy to see on the water,

Beau
Not always. It can depend on the lighting conditions. I've seen it where white and black didn't show up due to trees and sky reflecting off the water in the late afternoon

When Whips flip over they float so low in the water you can't see anything but the rudder and turn fin from a distance.

Putting contrasting colors on an object make them easiest to see from a distance. That tends to help with the light condition issue.

Nice job I guess I will have the same problem as you since mine is white too. What motor did you choose? I am trying the CMB beta.

Ill be running a Novarossi Hybrid in this one to start off as i need to break the engine in... Not sure what will end up staying in it. Possibly the hybrid, maybe one of my 21-7s ... or one of my 21DD... It will be a Novarossi either way im sure
default_smile.png

Back