my first FE tunnel build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Hutchinson

Well i finally got a boat together in electric. this is my first build of a FE boat as all who know me. know im a nitro guy, but i think i got it right.

new cobra 2 that has been cut out for the larger box , OS lower, hyperperformance adapter plate, ul-1 motor and ul-1 speed control and i ordered a battery (turnigy nana tech 4s500035c). i choose to put the stering servo in the back and the speedcontrol under the stering servo. all wires and hoses were easy to figure out expecially the motor wires i used brass tubing that the bullets just fit thru and i plan to shrink wrap the open ends. water into the speed controller was acheived buy glueing larger than normal brass tubing.( the water fittings on the speedcontroller were large) at the back of the radio box.

i kinda built the box around the idea that i can remove the whole radio box just by unpluging the motor and disconnect the sterring linkages

anyway Im waiting on fuel line and my batterys and charger to get here but other than that im ready to test.

what kind of prop do i start with ?

do i need to run large fuel line ? ( i think so ) thats why i JB welded a larger water pick up on the lower unit was, this correct ?

any opinions or comments are welcome !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job Dan! FYI the AquaCraft radio box seals will fit over your copper tubing. It tough to get the connectors through, just Lin the seal if needed.

TL

Nice job Dan. I use shrink wrap on the open ends of my ESC wires (coming out of the box/hull)...before you shrink the wires, squirt some GE sillicone in the brass tubes then go ahead and shrink (you can do this before the sillicone cures...does not matter)...

Yep, use the large fuel/ water lines for everything....

Grim 42X55 prop works well for my UL-1 esc/motor tunnel setup....

-Kent

Last edited by a moderator:
Back