Mss K+ hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built a G. Finlay1/10 scale Notre Dame. Electric namba rules, got 48.4 mph on gps. Are these hulls going to be available for sale.

Looks great Phil! Are you going to post this on OSE?
I will put someting about it on OSE, I plan to have a FE version with out the motor mount doublers and a new flat front deck that will use the Doug Cambell scale engine parts. I pretty sure Doug is going to offer those parts for the kit. The scale driver, motor parts and tail fins.

I started to work on the hardware setup, got the strut and rudder mounted and the shaft slot cut. cut out the engine well to fit the 8 oz. fuel tank.

I thought I would leave dimples in the master plug for the strut and rudder holes so all I had to do was drill on the marks to install the Speedmaster Hardware.

Gday Phil

Mate you are a true GOD when it comes to building First class boats.

Great quality as allways, but mate how do you find the time, you do it so quick.

Keep up the great work buddy.

Brad

Gday Phil

Mate you are a true GOD when it comes to building First class boats.

Great quality as allways, but mate how do you find the time, you do it so quick.

Keep up the great work buddy.

Brad
HA Thanks Im retired now, dont try to make it like work though. probally get about 4 hr work done in a 12 hour day, work on the boats like crazy then take a nap. LOL

I have setup the radio box It was a tight fit for three channels, be better if only using two channel of if I had a smaller life battery but I got every thing in there after about 3 trys. No matter what the boat is there are always clearance problems.

Looks amazing Phil!
Ok thanks, You always saying that, Im sure you will bring out a boat and amaze us all.
default_biggrin.png

I will get a paint job on it and post some more.

I did get the cowlings mounted i used the Grim Racer latches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like you said, maybe the round nose will take over sport 20
default_wink.png
I'm getting closer to putting the deck on. I have to give thanks to you and a lot other people for the help knowledge and partnership I have created over the years to current day. To me all of that, is what makes us Boat racers amazing people.

Can't wait to see you at the pond my friend!

Tight radio box is right!! I like your creative throttle linkage. How will the balance work out with the motor location? Very nice looking boat though!! Any idea on pricing as of yet?

Brad

Tight radio box is right!! I like your creative throttle linkage. How will the balance work out with the motor location? Very nice looking boat though!! Any idea on pricing as of yet?

Brad
All I had for a battery was the flat 4 cell a square 4 cell or life would work best, and probally dont really need the mix on a 21 so that would make things eaiser too. I was thinking of using a waterproof rudder servo mounted in the engine well side behind the motor. The balance is about 1/2 to 1" behind the sponson pad as it is now.

Phil,

You can get 5 cell AAA NiMH batteries to help with space. I run them in my Sport 20's and 20 Hydro's to save on space in the RC box. I get them from Mr. NiCad in Toledo every year.

Looking forward to racing you in Celina.

Bert Dygert

Back