motor for new gas scale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Larocque

I just ordered my gas scale 8255 kit from Mike and my cowl from Phil Thomas. I have all the hardware at home and most everything needed to build the boat. Been researching motors and am leaning toward an RCMK K30SX with the billet case. I have a Suicidal full mod 260 that is earmarked for a Backlash sport hydro that I could use. Looked at Quickdraw but TOO expensive. What do you guys think would be best?

Rick

No no! haha, I am not a gas guy, so Rick should wait for some quality advise as anything I could share would make no sense! Phil Thomas and the group of guys in his area probably have more experience with the 8255 gas hull setup than anyone else in the world right now. There are a lot of them in his area. I am sure he will chime in soon. Mike

I think the new CMB 27 has been showing a lot of promise. Talk to Mark Grim . A more conservative choice would be the Quickdraw Pioneer 29.

Lohring Miller

We here in dist 14 area have not had any real racing yet. Boats will be ready to race by the June races Im sure. i have a CCmod 26 and it went 65 with out much tunning and setup. Others are going to use the 30 size motors. The rear exhaust motors make install easier. The side exhaust probally use a 100 degree header and you have to allow for the carb and header clearance when building the boat. The hull is deep enough but you can add some cutouts for the carb and header to make installing the motor easier. I sealed off the inner hull and cutout the inside engine well sides next to the motor.

i went with the RCMK k30rz, still in early stages of tuning hull but engine starts and runs pretty sweet.

Jeff

Is the K30 RZ stock or modified? What props can you turn with the extra torque it has?

Thanks

Rick

i bought the modded engine w/ victory pipe,i have only tried a couple props a 2 blade 2716 w/ 15 rake and a 3 blade 2716,hope to get boat wet again on saturday

Jeff Good luck with it and keep us informed of progress. Did you or are you going to add weight to the hull?

Rick

Sorry Rick boat is not yet finished. It is the 1981 Squire shop. The ML boatworks kit. 7931 I think is the right number. Same kit as the circus.

Latest posts

Back