Modified)12 rigger board

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we have a .12 rigger forum?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• all sizes rigger board

• Total voters
T

TomMoorehouse

The question is should we create a .12 rigger board?

There has been a lot of activity with .12 riggers on the forum. Creating its own board could provide a home just for this topic.

The down side is, if the board is slow no one will ever look at it and it could get boring or lost. Also with everything on the main board people have fewer boards to have to look at.

Should .12 riggers have their own home? or should we keep it all together?

modified for an all size rigger board

I myself would like to see a .12 anything board, 'riggers, mono's, cats...............

I vote no.

A lot of the things we discuss on 12 riggers also apply to many other types and size boats. Also, I would guess most of the people with 12s run a number of different boats.

YES!! YES!!! YES!!!!

This is going to be one of the hottest classes that anybody has ever seen. Inexpensive, simple, can be run in a small area, and FAST!!!!

I dont think there will be a problem of a slow board.

Build it, any they will come!!!!!

I'm with Climate.

Look at the small block 4WD touring car class. This could become the next BIG thing in RC boating. Everyone that sees my .12 rigger run wants one. I think that the ".12" thing is subject to interpretation -there will be a lot of sport boaters running .15, .16, .17 and any flavor of inexpensive pull start engines that you can imagine. My .12 Cat will have a .15 engine. The competition minded folks will be running .12 but the info will be good for everyone

Maybe it should be "small-block" Riggers...

Hi Guy's

I think you could have a separate board for the small bore boats, but I don't think you should limit it to riggers. I'm with Ron there what about monos & cats?

Needs to cover all aspects or could become an elitist, competition focused forum that will be too limited. I like this forum site becuase of the open, friendly sharing of info. Got to be careful about how it develops.

just my $0.02

GT

I believe this was brought up once before about having another separate board dedicated to a specific type of boat. My opinion is, maybe having a separate rigger board, but I think this can become so narrow that people can miss allot of really good info. In my case, I was never interested until I started reading about them in the general forum. If it had been a separate board, I might have never ventured into it simply because I didn't know that I would have any interest. Just my thoughts.

I say no. I think it is good to keep it all together so that there is the cross pollination of ideas.

The other thing is, dividing into a lot of forums does not necessarily work. The rcboat.com listbot did that and some of their forums haven't moved for months or years.

Nitrocrazed racing: My 2 cents. In US$ that would be about 1 cent!

i'm with wade and ian,

i think we oughta keep the board count to a minimum, the general board seems like it's being used at a perfect pace, lively with new posts all the time but not so fast that a post disappears before you get to thoroughly discuss it.

Joe

MUHAHAHAHA.......

I will reek havok any chance I get on any board :eek:

Wow!!! good responce to poll so far ;)

MM ;D

Actually, I think I was the one that mentioned this to Tom in the News Board a few weeks back. I read your responses,and I'm left kind of on the fence about it now. I believed it would be the way to go at first, but Ian is right. Ron is right everybody is right, so if you want something that is applicable to everyones opinions, we already have the General Forum.

I change my vote to no.

Hammer

Hmmmm....at first I thought it was a really good idea. But some good points have been brought up on both sides. Now I'm absolutely sure that I'm undecided!

Tom, it's your site so you can do what you like. If you want to leave it in the General Forum, make a .12 'rigger thread, call it Under. 21, mouse motors, small blocks or whatever, we'll still be here. This will be the Premiere site for us that somehow became the place to be for the little terrors! I'ts good to have the "Lectrisical" (remember "Green Acres?") boys here too, they already know about the hardware and the light hulls. The other sites have become anal-retentive so people are flooding in here.

We need a 4th box to check, Do wutcha wanna do. ;D

I'm cool with some of the views but...

How easy is it to round up the multiple very long threads that we have had on small-block boats?

Most of the info is like on page 4, 5 soon you will not be able to find it.

I guess this will work for now -but the time for the small blocks is coming...

Ron, have you thought of doing a bump start Rigger? I've got my Touring car starter box and it looks like an in-line starter like for the TC3 will make it super easy to start our boats. This will also allow us to use inexpensive car flywheels along with short shaft engines (like those found on the 50,000 T-maxxes out there) and other more commonly available components... right off the shelf

My new CAT will have the bottom part of the flywheel sticking down past the tunnel floor for future use of a bump start.

I would have to say no. Right now you can log on everyfew days and not miss what was talked about. I would wait untill you have more traffic and the general boating forum fills up faster.

I have to say I am really happy to see that I am not the only one working on a .12 rigger. Now days it seams like bigger is better and nobody wants to mess around with the smaller engines.

It's infectious! ;D ;D

Bump start? Next it'll be clutches and 2-speed trannies! Oops, I think that somebody already mentioned that.

I think it would be a great idea. Lots of action going so far. It looks to be the way to get the "nitro boat hobby" a good kick start. For newbies and your kids especially, low cost, easy to haul around, little or none support equipment to get started. Heck that's why I'm trying them. I started with gas because watching the local "nitro racers" looked too complicated and exspencive to start with all that stuff !!

Air density/carb flow meters

Car battery

Electric starters

Box full of engine parts, pipes, etc, etc, etc.

Back