Miss vegas duece flexshaft problems!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric cornell

Hello i am new to nitro boats. I just picked up 2 miss vegas's one duece and one older one. I took them out this weekend and broke the flex shafts on both. Can someone please give me the part numbers for a good aftermarket flexshaft, coupler, and flywheel. Also what is a good prop to run on a stock mv? Were does everyone order parts from? All the local hobby shops around me in Tampa fl dont carry much of anything boat realated. Some help out would be apreciated. Thank you.

Hello i am new to nitro boats. I just picked up 2 miss vegas's one duece and one older one. I took them out this weekend and broke the flex shafts on both. Can someone please give me the part numbers for a good aftermarket flexshaft, coupler, and flywheel. Also what is a good prop to run on a stock mv? Were does everyone order parts from? All the local hobby shops around me in Tampa fl dont carry much of anything boat realated. Some help out would be apreciated. Thank you.
Everything you need is at www.towerhobbies.com

offshore electrics has some nice ones...it steps the prop up to 3/16" instead of the 1/8",,, octura makes a good collet...

there is most likely a reason they both broke...are you launching them with a good foward motion throw?? have you greased the shafts??? u should grease them before every outing...where is the cable breaking?

alden

I am not a RTR guy but. I would have to say that the flexshafts where not taken care of properly. They need to be removed, cleaned, and relubed after every outing.

also a good prop to start with is octura y 535, m 435/3 they are both 1/8 th shafts, and make sure your motor is straight in line with the shaft.

good like

Shoot me an email I sell aftermarket vegas flexshafts both in 3/16 (for 3/16 bore props) and 3/16 drop to 1/8 (1/8 bore props)100% drop in ready (even pre greased lol), sorry im a little behind on site work,

http://www.aircapitolhobbies.com/Miss_Vegas_flexshaft.html

The stock shafts have poor solder joints thats the main issue ive heard from customers, the cable itself dont seem to have any real problems BUT you must make sure the alignment is correct and make sure the drive dog to strut gap is approx 3/16, the steel stock flywheel also is an issue-while the flywheel itself spins true the taper and cone arnt correct and wont go back on and run true 90% of the time, this I have personally tested on several different stock flywheels,the octura flex-hex is the best to use. No matter what shaft goes back in the boat all above must be correct or it wont matter what shaft goes in it will give you trouble..

I can speak for both Mike and Tim's products. Both very nice people, and very good to deal with!!

Thanks everyone for the great inforation. I picked up a octura collet and octura y535 prob. I also picked up a new aquiacraft flexshaft and soldered the end of it. I did grease the old shafts before i used the boats. The cable was breaking right after the collet. What is a good fuel to run in the stock motor? 30% or 50%? Thanks everyone for the replies i really apreciate it.

John Otto IE: Technology Hobbies 50%

Thanks everyone for the great inforation. I picked up a octura collet and octura y535 prob. I also picked up a new aquiacraft flexshaft and soldered the end of it. I did grease the old shafts before i used the boats. The cable was breaking right after the collet. What is a good fuel to run in the stock motor? 30% or 50%? Thanks everyone for the replies i really apreciate it.

if it is breaking right after the collet then the engine is not lined up with the stuffing tube,,,or the flywheel isnt spining true...like mike said,,,if the flywheel is tightened up good it mushes the brass ferrule in a crooked patern...this causes the collet to spin in a oblong pattern... install the shaft,,,,pull the glow plug,,,,spin the engine over by hand slowly and watch the flex cable to see if it walks all around in the end of the stuffing tube... if it does, your flywheel ferrule is mushed...

now if it spins true and doesnt walk all over the place,,,but its up against the stuffing tube,,, then bend the stuffing tube what ever way you need to make that shaft drive dead nuts center,,,u will be in,,,shouldnt have a shaft issue after that....keep it greased,,,thats the most important part... y535 will be fine...with a good set up you can swing a modified x438...ive had great results with mine..

alden

i would also have to say john ottos fuel...best fuel ive ever used in my opinion,,,, very consistant mix,,,and he will mix what ever you need...

alden

Well, here is why we had problems with our Deuce...not sure if this was resolved or

not:

I don't know if Mike is Wichita is still making shafts...but he was offering stainless shafts in both 1/8th and 3/16th.

Sean

Guess I should have read the rest of the thread before posting. I did not realize Toyota was back...but he is the "Mike" I am referring to.

As to props, I had real good luck with a balanced and sharpened Y535 with the non-deuce hulls. I have not had as good of luck with this prop on the Deuce hull. I have heard folks mention having better luck with some cut up props (more than just balanced and sharpened) but have not got around to doing a bunch of prop work to try to figure it out.

Sean

Back