Miss Supertest.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put 7 runs on her and made major changes each one, got her running pretty good by the end of the day.

normal_Supertest_023.jpg

normal_Supertest_028.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Keeley,

Excellent rework, you and Rudy should be very proud. Wood is good.

Scott

Mr. Keeley,

Excellent rework, you and Rudy should be very proud. Wood is good.

Scott
Thanks Scott, I didn't do any of the work, just helped him jump 20 years in 6 weeks!

We were out again today and got it running purdy good, got a little corner hop to work out but think it's in the fin.

Here's the new strut he made, holds the back up nice:

normal_Alliston_Aug_9-09_005.jpg

The cowl needs a little work but he got it mounted, also found a driver for it. :lol:

normal_Alliston_Aug_9-09_008.jpg

Wow, she looks great on the water.....

Hop at the end of the corner is most likely caused by loss of speed through the turn....

How much rudder throw? Can it be reduced and the boat still turn adequate? Rudder too long? Is the bottom of the rudder rounded off?

Turn fin might need to be changed.... maybe trimmed to the same length as the bracket and then faired to the tip of the rear edge to the bottom taking out the squareness on the back edge....slightly more angle on the front edge..... Have to find what works....I've got a box of fins that I am always experimenting with....

Wow, she looks great on the water.....

Hop at the end of the corner is most likely caused by loss of speed through the turn....

How much rudder throw? Can it be reduced and the boat still turn adequate? Rudder too long? Is the bottom of the rudder rounded off?

Turn fin might need to be changed.... maybe trimmed to the same length as the bracket and then faired to the tip of the rear edge to the bottom taking out the squareness on the back edge....slightly more angle on the front edge..... Have to find what works....I've got a box of fins that I am always experimenting with....
Don't think the rudder's too long, there's only about 2" in the water, still square bottom, might try rounding it. The fin may still be too aggressive, we moved it up 1/2" but it took a bunch more rudder throw to make a nice corner, will have another look at it.

Looking at the vid again it seems to hop when it slows down, even in the straight, starting to think we might have the CG too far fwd with the new flat strut? :blink:

Just wanted to update our progress, we got her running quite good last weekend with the help of my mate Olly Douglas, he spotted it right away, we had the strut way too deep. Shallowed it up, put a ton of angle in it (6*), put the pound of nose weight back on which brought the CG to about 3/4" from the TE of the sponsons and it ran great, no hop! I'd have never thought it would run with that much shaft angle.

Tried some more props and the 1457 with a little cup and x455 worked the best. Ended up putting the Stalker on it and it's running high 50's, saw 57-58 several times, on 35% heli fuel! :eek:

All in all a great project, he's gonna run it in London next weekend and is already talking about building a new one for next year! :)

I'll see if I can get some video of it...

Here she is at the London Race.

Where she picked up a 1st & 3rd. Unlucky in 2 heats both were DNF's

Members of NLMBC pitting.

DSC04357.jpg

Back