Miss Supertest?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
terry,

i'm no expert but basically all of the boats in the newton no. 106 list make the staudacher 30 ft dropped sponson boat. 106 M is essentially the paint / cowl sheet for the supertest. all are beautiful boats , imo.

use the master hull roster hull number listed for the specific newton plan and check m.h.r. hull list to see all of the boats that plan makes. the m.h.r. can be found on the NAMBA.ORG and PNWTA.ORG websites.

you can check with david newton but i think most of the bulkhead and template sheets are same for the 106 plans listed. use photographs of the specific boat you're interested in to verify minor details. generally, the variations are the cockpit cowl height, shape, firewall and tail fin shape.

the sponson drop dimension and sponson deck / top rear edge sweep are different on some boats too. this is where the template sheets might vary but it will be very minor.

another feature of the 106 hulls is the shovel nose pointed bow rather than a true round bow.

btw, i think there was a conventional decked supertest and a dropped sponson supertest. can't remember which newton number corresponds to the conventional decked boat.

see the following websites :

hydroartprints.com

newtonmarine smugmug.com galleries

jim clark photography

e-rcu.org

electricthunder.org

thunderboat.org

chris denslow smugmug.com galleries

leslie fields hydro history

unlimiteds detroit photo archives

craftmasters models

Terry I have a master hull roster of newton plans and you can get 20 raced hulls out of the 106.

Will call you later.

Have a buddy that's reserecting his "Miss Supertest II" but it was built from plans other than plan 106M for that hull, possibly the 102E "Atlas Van Lines".
Any idea what other popular hulls can be built from the 106M plan sheet?

Here's Newton's link:

http://www.newtonmarine.com/plan_details.p...&category=5
Go to the newton plans link you have there and click the plans tab then goto page 10, there are all the pictures of the boats plan 106 will build.

Thanks guys, I must be missing something, I see the "Supertest II" as the only boat listed for it's master hull #5401?
Is there some other list? Tom?

My hard copy is from 1999 and will show you when we next meet up.

P thomas is right about going to the plan site and looking at them as it is better with the pics over my list copy.

Wish I could get plans for what they cost back in 99 $35 for a full set. Ya snooze ya lose ;)

Have a buddy that's reserecting his "Miss Supertest II" but it was built from plans other than plan 106M for that hull, possibly the 102E "Atlas Van Lines".

Here's Newton's link:

Go to the newton plans link you have there and click the plans tab then goto page 10, there are all the pictures of the boats plan 106 will build.

Well duhhh! :lol:

Now I get it, plan 106 will build all hulls A-T, thanks Phill! :D

Guess you're not just another pretty face eh? :rolleyes:

Here's Newton's link:

If you want to build the Supertest, I highly recommend you get this book. All about the team and it's history.

Supertest Book write up. Available at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:

Here's Newton's link:

If you want to build the Supertest, I highly recommend you get this book. All about the team and it's history.

Supertest Book write up. Available at Amazon

Thanks, I'll pass it along. :D

Latest posts

Back