MAC outboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topfuel443

Vendor
Just read a post on RCBOAT. com from Andy Brown, saying that the MAC outboard was shipped from Italy today April1st, and should be arriving around April 9th to him, says its gonna be a good one.......

Uncle Jerry...Let us know how it works when you get yours ;D ;D

~James

James,

Will be interesting to see how the MAC 21 OB runs. Finding out will simply be a matter of removing my CMB Green Head 21 and bolting the MAC 21 to the base of the LawLess lower unit.

Jerry D.

No !! He promised that it was not a april fools joke !!

I think it's going to be the KING of the POND !!! Look out NR,R here comes MAC !!!

The problem will still be the lower unit and flex shafts. Novarossi's are bad enough on them but if the MAC has more power then there is no hope of keeping a flex cable in the thing - Maybe a 7.5 lower unit conversion should be used.

Tim this is true !!

Maybe the lawless and strongarm flex shafts can handle the power??? Hope Jerry will keep use posted.

If not, the 7.5 foot with the Mach friction-free tube and PBR's lower case bearing my work to relieve the power lose of turning the larger shaft . There is little difference in the7.5 & 3.5 output these days. Anyone know anything about the Mach tube?? Is it teflon lined on the inside ??

Waterbug,

I'm lucky to get more than 5 tanks of fuel thru my nova / lawless before I snap a strongarm flexshaft. The shaft size is just too small in terms of diameter. The K&B 7.5 lower unit has a larger diameter shaft in it than the 3.5's.

Tim.

Tim

I would say go with the Lawless 7.5 or K&B 7.5 pro . Trim the upper mount and every where you can to save as much weight as possible.{K&B} Save yourself some money and set backs !!! Thats all we can do until some manufacturer gets a clue !!! As long as they make them weak they sell more parts !!! But all they are doing is turning people against there products . If they keep pushing the prices up , soon we won't be running nothing but stock TT !! Your talking 650.00 now for a mod combo !?!?!

WB,

My mod TT would very rarely break a shaft! The main reason I got away from the TT in the first place was nothing to do with performance - I won a nationals with one - purely a personal thing that I won't put on here.

I think we could do a lot worse than running the stock TT, They are quiet and well behaved with the stock muffler arangement.

I would suggest to anyone looking at investing in a MAC / CMB /nova that they use a 7.5 leg to avoid unreliability with the shafts.

James,

Will be interesting to see how the MAC 21 OB runs. Finding out will simply be a matter of removing my CMB Green Head 21 and bolting the MAC 21 to the base of the LawLess lower unit.

Jerry D.
Jerry

In the words of James Hatfield...."sad but true"....

Jerry for your information he is the lead singer of a metal band...

My point is that the 150 cable, whimpy lower unit issue, "is still an issue"...

Now I know that your a fan of the Bigger is better club...with this do you think that the lower unit is also a problem...looking for your thoughts.

I would like to think that someone will grab this lower unit issue and run with it.. im sick of the K+B lower unit and the lawless is just not for me.. I have not tried others... anyway if know one else will have at this... then maybe I will..

Grim

Grim,

Metal band :-?? Isn't that what they place across wood barrels to keep the barrel together?

Anyway, yea, running a strong 3.5 OB on .150 cable leaves much to be desired.

When I get the MAC, I'll install a new cable and see how many runs I get before it fails. Maybe I can just make notches in the side of the boat like ol' west gun slingers notched the handles of their revolvers.

Jerry

Maybe I can just make notches in the side of the boat like ol' west gun slingers notched the handles of their revolvers.

Jerry
hehehehe!! ;D roflmao

Guys, just saw this on the CMDI website, its the new MAC offroad engine, which is supposed to be the same specs as the outboard. Andy says itll be here on the 11th.

~ James

mac21offroad.jpg

Back