Lets See your Retreve boat setups?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two-man Coleman inflatable boat with oars and 12-volt inflator at Wal-mart for under $50.00. If the boat has flipped or hung up in weeds that little boat isn't going to get it.

Two-man Coleman inflatable boat with oars and 12-volt inflator at Wal-mart for under $50.00. If the boat has flipped or hung up in weeds that little boat isn't going to get it.
The problem is that in the Chicago area you will get a $250.00 fine and they will take your boat. It is better to have two people run a line across the pond and drag your boat in that way or use a more powerful retreve boat.

never thougt of a tug boat. that setup is kinda cool..
Take a look at Towers Hobbies "Turbo Vee 3 " RTR $85.00,add a $15 nicad stick pack and go. I have a 15 foot lite nylon string with a watertight plastic bottle(kids bubbles) attached. It can pull in a twin and even a Scale boat. I get about 7 retrieves on a charge. Hope that helps.

Ron Jr

What happens on #8 ?
There is no eight. New battery and the count starts again. :rolleyes:

Daniel

MY personal fav...this is my friends rescue boat that works great

That boat looks like it works great. what kidna boat is it??

Ron

i was thinking about that too are walmart here has a 4 man boat with every thing needed for $49.00

Why would you get a $250 fine in Chitown ?

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason we can not use a raft here in Chitcago is because it is not allowed where we run or for that matter in the county (no personal person carrying watercraft). Get caught, get fined and possibility of your toys confiscated. Stupid is right!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a Dumas airboat converted to jet drive with the gate. He put a lot of work into the boat and if you ask me it was worth it.

Here's an old photo that needs to come out every 6 months or so. A retrieve boat for the ages:

1on22q.jpg

Yah know, it does give a person something to think about.

Dude, that's too much, maybe we need a new class for those!

Speaking of that, would it not be a gas to have a class of wacked out boats, mismatched crapola to run for bragging rights. Heck, put a big enough motor on a garbage can lid and it will run, HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM something to think about I think.

Roy

I found a Nice Little RC boat. i was going to set it up as my retrive boat. how and what do i need to make it into it..
http://www.avivafishinbuddy.com/
It would work ok. $50 not bad for a rtr setup. The best method to use is hook the line to the retrieve boat and go out and circle the dead boat then reel in both retrieve boat and dead boat. Dont think you will push or drag the dead boat back with the retrieve boat.
Yep, I believe Phil has it right, tried lots of methods, his is correct.

Ok here is a old thread with all the cool vids and pics of retreival boats, enjoy!

Roy

Back