Lets See your Retreve boat setups?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found a Nice Little RC boat. i was going to set it up as my retrive boat. how and what do i need to make it into it..
http://www.avivafishinbuddy.com/
It would work ok. $50 not bad for a rtr setup. The best method to use is hook the line to the retrieve boat and go out and circle the dead boat then reel in both retrieve boat and dead boat. Dont think you will push or drag the dead boat back with the retrieve boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
i found the boat on sale for 39.00 at Big R.. It Does Really Work i Cougt some Blue Gill with it. Was Hoping it would have anof power to pull my Miss Vegas back to land. but might have to do your idea too..

While a bit more expensive this works really nice and keeps the hand eye coordination tuned up!

Tug Boat

While a bit more expensive this works really nice and keeps the hand eye coordination tuned up!
Tug Boat
Just curious, has anyone on here ever tried rare earth magnets to connect to a boat? I was thinking about mounting some magnets inside the bow of one of my boats. Then have a retrieve boat with a boom and a magnet hanging off on a string. As long as the retrieve boat has reverse you could connect with a little fancy driving.

Zach

never thougt of a tug boat. that setup is kinda cool..
Take a look at Towers Hobbies "Turbo Vee 3 " RTR $85.00,add a $15 nicad stick pack and go. I have a 15 foot lite nylon string with a watertight plastic bottle(kids bubbles) attached. It can pull in a twin and even a Scale boat. I get about 7 retrieves on a charge. Hope that helps.

Ron Jr

I use to use a Dumas Swamp buggy tie the line to the back with a tennis ball worked great

Take a look at Towers Hobbies "Turbo Vee 3 " RTR $85.00,add a $15 nicad stick pack and go. I have a 15 foot lite nylon string with a watertight plastic bottle(kids bubbles) attached. It can pull in a twin and even a Scale boat. I get about 7 retrieves on a charge. Hope that helps.

Ron Jr

What happens on #8 ?

I tried the magnet thing. I put a little dart on the end of a metal rod sticking out of a reef racer. Worked real good 5 feet off the shore testing...didnt work worth a darn 40 feet out in the pond (real hard to make the connection when you can't see it).

I have not tried it with my reef racer yet, but putting the fishing rod on it and circling the boat sounds like a good idea (pulling it in with the rod).

I made a PVC H, and put the reef racer in one end, and pushed the boat in with the other end. It kinda worked OK, but the problem with the reef racer is that it has no reverse. This means that if you get into the other boat wrong, you have to drive it in like that...which meant many circles coming it some times...

If the link works, this is the reef racer: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...MPG3**&P=ML

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a Traxxs blast as a rescue boat, tie a line to the boat, run out around the dead boat and bring the rescue boat to shore then reel in the dead boat. I use a big level wind reel with 30 lb. test line. Just bring lots of batteries because the blast eats my el cheapo 7.6 packs like popcorn.

Roy

If I did this right, you can see how its done St. Louis Style, you guys make it look hard, when its really easy. Ken

Ron Jr

What happens on #8 ?
lol,have not been there yet,too scared of it not coming back.

Latest posts

Back