Legacy Pinckert Coyote, Long Wheelbase

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Bryant

Supporting Member
I'm gearing-up to finally build a brand-new in-box legacy Pinckert Coyote .67/.80 outrigger kit. I purchased this custom built kit from Don back in October 1987, and has sat in my garage since. It will be powered by a brand-new in-box (1987) Andy Brown modded Rossi .80, or possibly a brand-new Picco .67 Silver head (both engines share the same mount dimensions). It's an extremely nicely built boat.

I was analyzing the "old-school" dampened motor-mount assembly. It has two 1/4 inch aluminum plate sections, drilled and tapped to engine dimensions. The aluminum sections are also drilled and tapped to accept four each rubber dampeners. Each aluminum section is secured to a single solid oak hardwood wedge base. The oak wedge is then epoxied to the floor of the engine compartment. Bolts are then inserted thru the hull bottom, up through the oak base and thread into the bottom portion of each rubber isolator. Looking closely at the oak base it's sligthly warped (not sure if this is an issue?)

However I'm not sure whether I should use this engine mount assembly? Or whether to just use a current design isolated side-wall based mount? I believe this hull fuselage is built with 5 inch sidewalls (I'll have to measure precisely). Who is the best source for a new current sidewall-based engine mount? Andy Brown? Aeromarine?

(sorry for double post)

Last edited by a moderator:
hi dave, have used this set up with motors up to .91 with no problems.andys mongoose uses this set up and they are fine.mater of choise.good luck,mike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back